Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I don't buy "it's the receiver's fault" explanation.

October 24, 2016 03:11AM
Not when it comes to the interceptions that weren't tips.

On Quick's route. Fisher says he missed the audible. Okay. But a QB should be able to see that. He should be able to see a play break down like that. He threw it anyway. It wasn't as if he had defenders draped over him, preventing him from doing anything but throwing up a wish and a prayer. Keenum could see where Quick was or wasn't going. There was no reason to throw the ball on a broken play.

And prior to that, he was underthrowing or overthrowing receivers on deep routes. Should have had two extra touchdown passes, at least.

I think Case is a gutsy, try-hard player, and I'm glad the Rams have him. But he has limited arm talent, makes a lot of head-scratching decisions (like running into the rush), and it's time to bring in Goff. Fisher's stubbornness on this, IMO, is one more nail in the coffin. Ironically, even if it is the receivers' fault, that's still a reflection on poor coaching. And those penalties? Too many seasons of being among the worst in the league.

Fisher's not the answer. Keenum is not the answer. And if the Rams receivers still are screwing up routes, I'd say that's more on the coaches than the position players, whom I think have upped their game overall anyway.

This is getting sooo old.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I don't buy "it's the receiver's fault" explanation.

Billy_T415October 24, 2016 03:11AM