Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Whose fault that Gabbert ran free?

September 16, 2016 04:26AM
A good NFL defense should demolish a QB who dares to escape from the pocket and run right up the middle. This happened more than once, and it seemed to be one of the key factors in setting the tone for the game. Is this the responsibility of the MLB? How did it happen? It was beyond time for Laurinaitis to go, but the Rams should have started looking for a replacement long ago. It seems to me that it was a mistake to move Ogletree, who was playing well at outside LB, to the MLB position. If they had groomed a good player to take over at MLB, they would have a really good LB corps with Ogletree and Baron on the outside. The way they approached things resulted in the LB corps being weakened at two positions. It may actually be worse than that if Ogletree isn't a good play caller and leader at the MLB position. One more thing about a QB running up the middle. I believe that when a QB does that he should be fair game to great creamed. None of this sliding nonsense when you're acting as a RB rather than a QB.

Why is Coty Sensabaugh on any NFL roster? I didn't mind that the Rams let Jenkins go because I think he is way over rated and I don't like his antics or tendency to make crucial mistakes. But you gotta do better than Coty Sensabaugh. Why is Case Keenum on any NFL roster? Even if Goff isn't ready to play, it should have been clear to any competent NFL coach that Sean Mannion is a much better QB than Case Keenum. Tavon Austin? I have given up on him. As one writer correctly pointed out, he is nothing more than a $40 million gadget player. How can the Rams coaching staff be so clueless about the fundamentals of football not to realize that you need to threaten every square foot of turf on the other side of the ball. The defensive backs need to have the fear that the next pass could be going anywhere within 50 yards of the line of scrimmage and anywhere from one sideline to the other. If they know there will be no passes more than 5 to 10 yards down the field, you will have the worst offense in the NFL.

If Jeff Fisher gets an extension, the fans will turn on the Rams, and it will be just like it was in LA during the years just before they moved to St. Louis.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2016 04:40AM by 73Ram.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Whose fault that Gabbert ran free?

L.A.Rams550September 16, 2016 04:26AM

Re: Whose fault that Gabbert ran free?

no name302September 16, 2016 05:57AM