Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Things that cannot be fixed, and some things that can.

September 13, 2016 03:53AM
First, I wasn't totally shocked by the outcome. Disappointed yes, shocked, not really. Outside of the front 4, this is a new defense. Unfortunately, this is still the exact same offense. Add to that a road game, week 1 with a slow starting Fisher team with wind that was gonna limit Keenum's arm, it wasn't too hard to see this coming.

First, the things that cannot or will not get fixed this year: (in no real order)

1. The secondary. I have a real issue with drafting guys like JJ. If you think he is too much of a risk to give a big contact to when or before he becomes a FA, then don't draft him in the first place. He walks, and as I have said numerous times, TruJo is not a #1 CB, Gaines is a ways away and Sensabaugh is a dumpster fire. Add to that you have a FS and a SS or a ledt and a right safety that cannot cover and you have games where a guy named Curley looks like an all pro. There is no fix to this. At least not this year.

2. MLB - I said AO at MLB was a huge mistake and for at least 1 game, I was right. He doesn't belong there, doesn't look like he wants to be there and was just plain awful.

3. Undisiplined players - a JF trademark. When your 2 best players are getting unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, its a bad sign. I'm tired of it but then again, I've been tired of Fisher for 3 years now.

4. The offense. Blame whoever you want. After numerous OCs, it should now be obvious, this is Fisher Ball. And it will not change.

5. The WRs - for all the excitement over the rookie WRs, remember, the vast majority of the WRs do not make an impact until year 3. So here we go again with TA, Britt and Quick.

6. QB play - Keenum has no arm, so any wind at all and he is SoL. Goff needs at least 12 games to sit and watch. Mannion is vastly over rated.
The things that can improve:

1. The OL - he was rushed out there and that was a mistake, rotating RGs was an even bigger mistake and as I said after preseason game 1, this offensive line is going to take time to gel.

2. The running game. Gurley had no preseason and the OL was a mess. It will (I hope) get better as the season progresses.

The only positive I can gain from this mess was it should (and who really knows) table the Fisher extension talks, and 2, probably moves Goff's timetable up. A former NFL QB I was listening to said after about 12 weeks of your first season, the best thing is to just get out there and play. Goff might be out there sooner then that, if this dumpster fire starts picking up speed.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Things that cannot be fixed, and some things that can.

Deadpool611September 13, 2016 03:53AM

hard to dispute anything there.....

21Dog382September 13, 2016 04:07AM

Good post. They don't have the coaching staff for Goff

BigGame81338September 13, 2016 04:08AM

Re: Things that cannot be fixed, and some things that can.

AlbaNY_Ram409September 13, 2016 04:10AM

I know I was half asleep, but I thought Tree did well

RamUK297September 13, 2016 05:53AM

keenum needs perfect conditions - so true

Hazlet Hacksaw292September 13, 2016 05:57AM

#3 and #4.....Covers it all! nm

Ramgator249September 13, 2016 06:05AM