Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Making on the 53 doesn't mean what it used to

May 06, 2024 07:26AM
because of the new pay scale and the rules from bringing guys up ...

It's created another bracket of player.

I used to see it as a redshirt for learning or maybe a call up for an injury. But considering the pay is basically 200k, and that you can be called up and sent back down ... it's basically a solid paying storage place for extra roster room.

So, for me, I am assuming the guys don't make the roster, but are promised call ups if they sign here. Like, Stoops won't make the 53, but he may be called up to return punts, then if we like him there we keep him and drop a lower guy to the PS.

If we have some guys on the D line get dinged, call Tuli up rather than over playing someone.

You could also shuffle guys on special teams around calling up different players throughout the year.

The cool thing is that they're being paid enough to just focus on football.

And? While in the past, any player would jump at being picked up by any team, they're only getting paid twice as much now, so they could turn it down to build a better opportunity with our coaches. Is actually a smarter financial move in many cases.

And with him many injuries there are? The new IR rules? Being cut isn't the heartbreak it once was. Odds are 5-8 guys on the PS at the beginning of the year will end up on the final roster.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

5 undrafted rookies with best chance to make Rams 53 man roster…

Rams43163May 06, 2024 04:00AM

Making on the 53 doesn't mean what it used to

alyoshamucci40May 06, 2024 07:26AM