Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams 10 picks total: 5 Defense, 4 offense, one kicker

April 27, 2024 10:08PM
When it was all said and done it felt like they went 80% defense didn't it?

Maybe because most of the earlier picks were D.

As the draft was kicking off on Thursday night I was texting with R2K and some other Ram fan friends.

I told them I wanted 2 edge and 2 DT out of this draft, a WR, a RB, an o-lineman, and a kicker, of course.

I never get everything I wanted out of a Rams draft. Until this year.

I wanted one of the top 3 edge rushers in the first round (Latu, D. Turner, or Verse) I didn't think any of those 3 would be there at 19 so I settled for Newton in my pre-draft first round prediction. Got very lucky Verse fell to us! Could be the next Miles Garrett for all we know. Time will tell!

Round 2 I really wanted a DT badly and for some reason felt like it would be Fiske. Saw one commentator say after the Rams picked him - "Fiske could be the best DT in this draft when it comes to rushing the passer." Wow, let's hope that proves to be the case! He timed the fastest in the 40 of any DT is also what I heard. Imagine Fiske and the Conductor on the inside. Verse and Young on the outside. Could be the new Fearsome Foursome in the near future!

I was so giddy about the first 2 picks all the picks that came after were icing on the cake.

I was watching the NFL Network broadcast when the Rams picked Corum next. Rich Eisen just about went berzerk with delight. He said Corum was his favorite pick of the draft in that very moment. If Kyren needs a breather (or God forbid gets knicked up as he does from time to time) sounds like Corum could be Kyren 2.0 Was iffy about Corum when his name was announced but have a great feeling about him now.

Sounds like our next pick, Kinchens, could be Jordan Fuller 2.0 with even better ball-hawking skills and bigger hits. Let's hope!

Not gonna break down every pick but we were all calling for Karty the Kicker, and as if on cue - his name was called. How crazy was that?/!

Don't expect all 10 draft picks to make the 53 man roster but wouldn't be surprised if some end up on the practice squad and all end up being Rams as a result.

Wow, I'm still in shock about this draft. I don't mean to sound overly enthusiastic, but damn - I am overly enthusiastic tonight.

As Glasvegas sang on their first album - "Here we, here we, here we F-N GO!!!" (A great song called "Go Square Go". Check it out if you get a chance. A Scottish rock classic.)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams 10 picks total: 5 Defense, 4 offense, one kicker

Valley-Ram138April 27, 2024 10:08PM

Re: Rams 10 picks total: 5 Defense, 4 offense, one kicker

DanishRam69April 27, 2024 10:16PM

Appreciate you, DR, nice to get some Euro-takes up in here...

Valley-Ram42April 27, 2024 10:29PM

You speak for a lot of us, man…

Rams4347April 28, 2024 03:57AM

my sentiments exactly nm

joram28April 28, 2024 04:13AM

I'm a bit surprised they didn't pick up an UDFA QB

NewMexicoRam36April 28, 2024 04:41AM