Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Jourdan issues a harbinger and a reminder

April 25, 2024 09:14AM
Jourdan (and thank you, Jourdan! Bravo Smiley) is revealing the inner workings of what we should already know - but that we keep forgetting.

For the most part, fans and writers are playing checkers while behind the scenes Snead and co. are playing 3D chess, with many moving pieces at many different levels. Or put in another way, while we're thinking at a linear level, the Rams are on a layered matrix.

Rams trade up or down? Requires a trade partner and a win-win deal for both sides - also a strategic purpose for the trade. And the possibilities change with each pick.

BPA or position of need? Rams have a rubric, assigning a value to each player considered at every level based upon an amalgam of factors.

Rams will juggle and jostle their position as the draft unfolds based upon those evalations and what's available, what's doable as each and every pick by every team unfolds - in other words, an infinity of Plan B's.

When it comes to players themselves, we're looking at measureables, Rams are factoring intangibles - like personal character, team-level committment, football and quick decision-making intelligence, and passion for the sport. Result: People like Nakua and Turner are now on the team.

It'll be exciting to see who joins them - and to see the why's of those choices revealed as they are made.

My two predictions: It'll be unpredictable, and exciting.

I got my popcorn - you? party time smiley party time smiley party time smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Jourdan on how it works Attachments

JimYoungblood53281April 25, 2024 08:35AM

Well, of course. That's how any organization works.

RockRam56April 25, 2024 09:06AM

Needs to be posted here because

JimYoungblood5338April 25, 2024 10:13AM

mtramfan68April 25, 2024 09:14AM

Ramboni39April 25, 2024 09:28AM

Yep, people here freaked with Kobie Turner pick

JimYoungblood5333April 25, 2024 10:14AM

Anyone Who Uses the Word Harbinger . . .

Classicalwit43April 25, 2024 09:38AM

Re: Anyone Who Uses the Word Harbinger . . .

mtramfan33April 25, 2024 10:10AM

Exactly

JimYoungblood5332April 25, 2024 10:15AM