Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout 2024 QB

April 22, 2024 12:11PM
Great class, not looking to spend a draft pick unless someone slides, but they may be because my backup guy isn't even being mentioned.

For those that aren't familiar with my process, I track players through their entire college career. I do not have access to anything beyond what announcers may say, and mostly I'm watching for specific skillsets that are valuable to me. These change over time, but not by a lot. My actual process of watching film has grown and I definitely get influenced by the other posters, because I trust their eyes. I call it "Blink" scout because my brother came up with the name after reading the book Blink, where people use rapid cognition to make assessments, which is kind of my thing. I don't give that many notes ... Deadpool has that covered. And I go way beyond draftable players. I generally italicize guys that may not be obvious that I think will be great values.
Also, a note I forgot. Practice squad players are more relevant and make more money than ever before, so filling that squad is not only important, it's really like a minor league team getting our coaching so we are going to draw good players.

So ... for me with QBs ... I grade on projection, and some players give me more to work with than others. You'll note where I have Penix relative to McCarthy. I have 6 years of film vs. 2 here, and the 6 is more impressive. Are injuries an issue? Of course ... but if you've come back from four in a row to be a Heisman runner up? My faith in your ability to get past them is what's in the foreground.
There are starters. Situation often shows success (Do NOT get drafted by the Patriots) ... but there are guys that can handle it. then there's the guys that may not get it. They may not be able to handle the full thing. They are still good situationally. Kenny Garrapalo, Pickett, Mac Jones ... Bo Nix. They are likely 2nd rounders.
Then there are the Kirk Cousins hopefuls. Guys that have a lot of tools but simply have not shown enough. These are my 3-4th rounders.
Guys after that are hopeful to be backups or UFL players.

You will notice I don't like Jordan Travis. You will notice I do like Tanner Mordecai. Jordan Travis is the opposite of Jayden Daniels IMO. Tons of talent .. one peaked immediately, the other grew steadily every year. As for Mordecai ... watch the Wisconsin bowl game.

All that said, it's rare to be comfy saying there are 6 starters in this class. But there are. I have 1 for next year (Ewers) and 8 other possibles ... let's see if I can get them off the top of my head ... (Riley Leonard, Carson Beck, Will Howard, Cam Ward, Kade Klubnik, Drew Allar, Jalen Milroe, Fernandez form Cal and Maiava at USC) ... apparently it was 9.

2024 QB

Top 10

USC Caleb Williams 6-1 215 So.

UNC Maye 6-4 220 Fr.

LSU Jayden Daniels 6-3 200 (Azst)

10-20

UW Pennix 6-3 214 Jr. okay … he's my 4th

20-40

MCH JJ McCarthy 6-3 196 So.
202 Jr.

ORE Bo Nix 6-2 213 Sr. transferring in

40-64

SC Rattler 6-1 215 Jr. should stay in school
High IQ backup

3-4

TUL Michael Pratt 6-2 200 FR dual threat and reall good, throws a great ball.
210 rsFr.

WIS QB Tanner Mordecai 6-2 215 4.46 40

UK Leary … 6-1 217 cannon arm, needs touch …

TENN Milton 3rd 6-5 245 finally getting settled maybe a backup

5-6

WKY Austin Reed 6-2 230 Sr. 4,800 yards, 2nd in FBS 40 TDs

SA Carter Bradley 6-3 216 Sr. (son of Gus)

ND Sam Hartman 6-3 215 Sr.

7-UDFA

FSU Jordan Travis, special athlete 6-1 212 Sr.

MD Taulia Tagovioloa 5-11 200 Jr.
208 Sr.

BYU Kedon Slovis 6-2 210 Sr.

NO Ben Bryant (arm) 6-3 220 sr

GSO Davis Brin 6-2 210

LOU QB Jack Plummer 6-5 215

K that's the lists for this year ... top 2 rounds coming ...

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout 2024 QB

alyoshamucci171April 22, 2024 12:11PM

Re: Blinkscout 2024 QB

six2stack47April 22, 2024 05:33PM