Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The more I know, the more this WR prospect seems like perfect fit for Rams…

April 07, 2024 06:17AM
The more I know, the more this WR prospect seems like perfect fit for Rams

[ramblinfan.com]

Bret Stuter

you know anything about the LA Rams, you know that a 2024 NFL Draft class which is loaded with wide receiver talent has HC Sean McVay salivating right now. The opportunity to add more talent to a receiver room that already includes some of the NFL's best receivers is one that the team will not pass up. Even with All-Pro WR Cooper Kupp paired up with second-year elite WR Puka Nacua and surprisingly effective Demarcus Robinson, there is always room.

The more, the merrier.

But the opportunity to add the right prospect who fits this team is not an easy task. This offense does not hand out opportunities as though they are pennies in a piggy bank. Before a receiver earns significant playing time, they must prove to the coaching staff that they are willing and capable blockers, can create separation when running routes, can catch the football in space and in traffic, and can put up yards after the catch.

For a rookie, that checklist is a difficult row to hoe. After all, they are trying to accomplish all that while learning about a new city, finding a new home, meeting new people, and playing for a new football team.

One receiver who has begun to distance himself from the rest, at least in terms of perceived fit in this very demanding offense, is rookie WR prospect Ricky Pearsall out of Florida State. The more I learn about this young man, the more he seems to be an ideal candidate to succeed in the Horns.

Standing 6-foot-1 and weighing 189 pounds, Pearsall has the size that the team generally looks for in a wide receiver. He is one of the best pure route runners in this draft class, and that is saying quite a bit. Even NFL Insider and analyst, Brian Baldinger, finds this young man always open:

A young receiver who knows where he needs to be to be open against the opponent's defense is going to earn the respect of HC Sean McVay and QB Matthew Stafford very quickly. That makes a huge difference, because earning their respect earns opportunities and targets. While there is only one football, we have witnessed how important it can be to have an elite option on the team that defenses do not expect.

Pearsall could become that option in 2024.

Ricky Pearsall

Wide receiver | Florida State
What Pearsall shows in his five college seasons is a receiver who has continuously done the grind and improved each year. He has not only proven himself to be a dangerous receiver who is alway open, but he can run well with the football on jet sweeps, can actually throw the football (He was 3 of 3 for 111 yards and a touchdown), and can return both kickoffs and punts.

Yes, the Rams have recognized the fit. You see, the team has reportedly already met with the young receiver. I hoped they liked what they learned about him. As for me, I would be thrilled if the team selected him.

Thanks for reading.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The more I know, the more this WR prospect seems like perfect fit for Rams…

Rams43150April 07, 2024 06:17AM

Re: The more I know, the more this WR prospect seems like perfect fit for Rams…

gatoramos51April 07, 2024 06:24AM

SoCalRAMatic48April 07, 2024 07:37AM

Rams4334April 07, 2024 07:46AM