Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Maybe nit-picky, but I'm perplexed

April 05, 2024 06:54PM
mtramfan
From the writeup: "6-foot-4 305-pound defensive tackle Cory Durden remains ready to show up in 2024. ..." And later, " Durden is a 6-foot-4 292-pound defensive lineman..."

I'm often confused when listed player weights don't match - in this case you're looking at a thirteen pound difference just a few sentences apart - and how much does Zach Evans weigh, really?

I can't blame the author entirely on this one because it depends on where you look (and I know: the pressure od deadlines, and not enough time to proofread, much less ccheck your sources or dig deeper.) But still... Alaric Jackson, when I wateched him last year, seemed to have more sand in his pants than his listed weight. Turns out, according to late reports, that he did.

So where are Durden and Zach Evans, really, and how can we anticipate their weight and related conditioning will affect their play?

I'd like to see a follow-up article, amybe after a quick Q&A with coaches, on each player

Yeah, I caught that discrepancy, too.

All I can say is that players height and weights are notoriously inaccurate these days. AD’s was off by 30 pounds!

Not gonna worry about it.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

7 seldom heard from Rams that could make a huge difference this year…

Rams43164April 05, 2024 02:08PM

mtramfan59April 05, 2024 05:30PM

Rams4339April 05, 2024 06:54PM