Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I now project 5 QBs to be selected in the 1st round

April 02, 2024 02:07AM
I think 4 QBs will be selected prior to the Rams pick, and likely 1 more afterward in the 1st round. The Rams certainly will not be one of the teams to pick one.

The reality is this. Probably no more than 2 of the QBs even have a 1st round grade. The rest likely 2nd even 3rd round grades. But QBs are so needed and valuable that they are taken a round or two too early. This is perhaps the overriding reason why so many 1st round QBs fail. They never should have been taken that early in the first place.

And, when a QB is taken high, he is invariably pushed into a starting role far too soon simply because of his draft position. The saddest thing is that the guy was never that NFL ready of a player to start with.

The NFL is a copycat league, and these are human beings running things. They are experts to be sure, but they also have their embedded mindsets and agendas. Frankly, I have to give a guy like Pete Carroll credit for refusing to go all in to try to draft a QB high when Wilson left. Better to have a competent OK QB than to bet the house and a lot of money on a rookie who simply doesn't grade as a high pick but yet will command a high pick.

But I guarantee you that at least 3 teams will take QBs this year much too high because they are so desperate for a QB they are willing to be illogical. This will be good for the Rams, as some highly graded players.....REAL 1st round players.... ought to get pushed down to them. That will likely include some genuinely good Edge players and DTs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2024 02:10AM by RockRam.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I now project 5 QBs to be selected in the 1st round

RockRam129April 02, 2024 02:07AM

Maybe even 6

Ram_Ruler39April 02, 2024 06:30AM