Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yes, of course. But, I think the writers are also off the mark on other positions

April 01, 2024 08:19AM
When you are drafting, you go after your biggest needs first....not last.

And, you can't fix everything you would like to, and have the luxury of looking 1 or 2 years down the road, in one offseason.

What are their biggest needs? As this article states: #1Edge, #1b DT. So, the play is to draft a QB? Say, what?

The other thing that I strongly disagree with this article about is ignoring ILB. The Rams NEED an ILB to go alongside Jones. He's only signed for this year and is likely to get some serious FA offers. So, we need more than a journeyman type as ILB2. Nowhere big as a need as Edge and DT, but still a need.

I can see some argument for WR. But...once again....is this an immediate need? No. And the Rams have 2 major immediate needs in Edge and DT.

As for CB. This is in no way an immediate need so a top 100 pick ought not be spent on it. The Rams have 2 excellent vets, now, as starters and several young guys with lots of upside. You can only keep so many CBs on the roster, so are we really going to use a top 100 pick on a guy who is necessarily going to push one of last years starting young guys off the roster? I can't see it.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ranking Rams 10 biggest needs after FA and AD’s retirement…

Rams4391April 01, 2024 07:25AM

Yes, of course. But, I think the writers are also off the mark on other positions

RockRam39April 01, 2024 08:19AM