Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: "Hip- Drop Tackle"...NFL please show video's and EXPLAIN the rule like I'm a 5 year old.

March 25, 2024 03:24PM
Pete Rozelle coined the phrase when some dirtbag tried to wreck Geno Smith's knee on an out-of-bounds dirty hit last year. Fortunately the dirtbag failed in his attempt, and there was no flag.

That's what set Pete off. He took the tape and th videos to illustrate to the league. WE FANS need to see them - but thtaq would end the controversy and the cruise on the internet for clicks among an anemic and uninformed and cynical press corp that would rather riles us up than inform us.

What Pete objected to is a tackle where the defender grabs to ball carrier high and then instead of finishing the tackle there by hanging on or continuing to drive through, the tackler drops his hips and brings his legs up to take out the ball carrier's knee.

Pete has a great video up onsafe tackling. His teams always were sure tacklers - the heaviest hitter for quite a few years was Cam Chancellor. He hit hard, and hit clean, and let you know you'd been hit. Big difference between that and cheap,dirty shots.

Even the old-school guys who'd horse-collar tackle, didn't drop their hips and strike with their knees, like a human pendulum suspended from th other player's neck.

To quote Stafford it's d____ as _____. It's there on tape, and we could see it if anybody would show us. And I admire that a coach of a hard-hitting Defense to come out against it,
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

"Hip- Drop Tackle"...NFL please show video's and EXPLAIN the rule like I'm a 5 year old.

oldschoolramfan364March 25, 2024 02:39PM

Re: "Hip- Drop Tackle"...NFL please show video's and EXPLAIN the rule like I'm a 5 year old.

3030236March 25, 2024 03:13PM

mtramfan79March 25, 2024 03:24PM

303076March 25, 2024 03:35PM

mtramfan63March 25, 2024 04:43PM

Just ribbing you mt

303057March 25, 2024 06:04PM

Re: Just ribbing you mt

mtramfan42March 25, 2024 07:31PM