Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jonah Jackson soeajs on how Rams culture influenced his FA decision…

March 17, 2024 06:07AM
Jonah Jackson speaks on how Rams’ culture influenced his FA decision

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Brock Vierra

It’s no secret that the Rams have heavily shaped the current look of the NFL. Since the organization’s move back to Los Angeles and then its subsequent hiring of Sean McVay, the team has seen many players, coaches, and executives make a name for themselves in the city of Angels before moving on to a high-profile role elsewhere.

Matt LeFleur, Kevin O’Connell, Zac Taylor, Brandon Staley, and Raheem Morris all belong to the Sean McVay coaching tree as the league has seen an influx of youth within the head coaching ranks due to McVay’s success. The front office is no different as many executives have received general manager opportunities after working with Les Snead.

One of these examples is Brad Holmes. Holmes served the Rams as a scout from 2003 to 2012 before he was promoted under Snead in 2013 to Rams’ director of college scouting. He served in that role from 2013 to 2020 before getting hired by the Detroit Lions to be their general manager.

Holmes has done a phenomenal job, capped off by the Lions’ run to the NFC championship game this previous season. Bringing a Rams-like mindset to roster building, Holmes has helped instill a Rams-based culture as displayed through the effort and dedication of their players.

This has been made ever more evident by the Rams’ signing of Pro Bowl guard Jonah Jackson. Jackson spent four years in Detroit and was all the more happy to talk about Holmes and what he means to both organizations during his introductory press conference.

When asked about making a life-changing decision on such short notice, here’s what Jackson had to say.

“It’s pretty crazy just the amount of time you have. I’ve been on the outside looking in at this place for a while, so I kind of had a general idea of what’s going on and a lot of familiarity within our building,” he said. “Like Brad Holmes, he was from here so I kind of got a feel of the people that they’ve been around and how they run things so I kind of got a good feel about how it’d be here.”

With an outstanding reputation around the league, the Rams have given themselves a leg up in free agency. A culture built around positive treatment of others, Les Snead and Sean McVay are in the driver’s seat to acquire any player they wish.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Jonah Jackson soeajs on how Rams culture influenced his FA decision…

Rams43118March 17, 2024 06:07AM