Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: With this shocking AD retirement my preferred scenario

March 16, 2024 07:14AM
dodgerram
Sign either Chase Young or Clowney.
Draft an edge rusher with our 1st round pick, move up a little bit if you want a specific guy.
Use the 2nd round pick on the huge DT Sweat. Guy can and will stop the run and can provide some pressure up the middle.
Draft a CB in the third round and a sideline to sideline LB with the other 3rd rounder.
In the later rounds draft BPA including a kicker plus a bulldozing RB . With this o-line we should play some smashmouth football, especially in the red zone .

AD can not be replaced 1;1, not on the field and not what he brings emotionally to the team and franchise. But him leaving also presents a chance to somewhat change your defensive approach and for some of the young players to step up their respective games in order to show not all of their success was related to AD and his phenomenal play.

A lot will depend on our coaching too. They have to coach up the young players and find strategies and schemes that work without AD.

Go Rams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m not a Young or Clowney fan. Don’t think either are good locker room fits. But that’s just me.

Drafting an Edge with our 1st makes perfect sense to me. But if they trade up then that 2nd will be gone as part of the trade. Too high a price for me.

Let the draft come to us. Still make a shrewd trade down if Snead likes the options below.

We should come out of Day 2 with picks at these positions in some order or another.

Edge
CB
WR
DT
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

With this shocking AD retirement my preferred scenario

dodgerram224March 16, 2024 12:20AM

Rams4347March 16, 2024 07:14AM

Ramboni32March 16, 2024 07:35AM