Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout DT Combine Analysis

March 09, 2024 03:12PM
This class is smaller in depth but has "personality" ... that usually translates at that position. Lots of undersized fellas and Newton I believe is much better than the talking heads are giving him credit for.
It's not a "good" class ... but it has some quality if you know what you want. Next year's class is going to have a lot of high end types and good depth. Next year's DTs and RBs are tops.

Oh, more than the other positions, you'll want to look at snap count. I'll highlight it if I remember. Guys with 750 and guys with 350.

Braden Fiske Florida State 444 73.9 He's climbing because he's done the unexpected and pulled out of the middle of this class and into the upper tier. There's the top 2, there's Sweat (who is scheme dependent), and now there's this guy. Oh, and Jenkins, the Michigan kid.

Brandon Dorlus Oregon 587 77.0 No testing #s ... I don't think it matters ... he has a pretty strong comp to Karlaftis. I don't know where they'll put him at the next level but he's a good football player.

Byron Murphy II Texas 438 91.1 Not my best in class, but the consensus pick by talking heads. Violent dude, great hands ... good rills and a 4.87 at 300 lbs. He'll make someone happy.

DeWayne Carter Duke 588 70.0 One of my preferred in the mid tier. 6-2 ... 4.99 40. Drilled smooth. Past the measureables test (30 vert, 9 broad)

Fabien Lovett Florida State 337 78.0 Not a huge fan of the tape ... no #s ... I can't see him drafted. I will note that his PFF grade is decent.

Gabe Hall Baylor 523 64.9 So ... he had a good day at the Senior Bowl, then everyone figured him out. Runs hot and cold. #s are good (9-7 broad), but I want a more consistent motor.

Jaden Crumedy Mississippi State 566 68.3 Taller kid ... good 40. Want a little better from the explosives ... late rounder. Moved well enough in drills.

Jer'Zhan Newton Illinois 749 85.0 DNP but I don't care. He had in game reps that are rare. He's my best in class. Is he way ahead of Murphy? No. But likely ten slots. Note the snap count.

Jordan Jefferson LSU 413 70.5 Guy made famous for ripping Haynes helmet off at the Senior Bowl. 6-1 313, one of 3 LSU kids here. No 40 ... 34 reps was tops in class. 31 inch vert, good enough. Late rounder if his psych checks out.

Justin Rogers Auburn 375 63.6 Why is he here instead of some other players?

Keith Randolph Jr. Illinois 541 66.2 I like this kids tape, have him on my watch list for later... Burst #s could have been better but I like his tape. Drills were okay, not great.

Kris Jenkins Michigan 418 82.7 It's interesting ... he's super solid in every area. And he was a captain ... but he played alongside two younger guys who were more talented IMO. That's how it is when you're in the best defense in the nation though. He'll make someone happy.

Leonard Taylor III Miami 341 74.8 Big time recruit. Got dinged. Miami had some weird years. His best football is likely in front of him unless he has mental stuff. Solid numbers. Smooth in drills.

Logan Lee Iowa 749 79.5 Note ... 6-5 280 ... 7.16 3 cone and 4.3 Short shuttle. That's serious short area quickness to go with length. I think they even comp'd him to Morgan Fox. I like Iowa players. Note the snaps.

Maason Smith LSU 582 66.1 Another top recruit that got injured and didn't get close to projections. Good 3 cone, not great ... solid 40 and split. Not great. If he was playing injured he will likely out play his draft position. If his head was not in it, I'll pass.

Marcus Harris Auburn 533 82.5 bench 27 ... 6-2 286. But ... 7 sacks from the interior in the SEC? Expected more burst #s but his drills were good and his senior bowl showed his abilities. Note PFF grade.

McKinnley Jackson Texas A&M 430 77.8 6-1 326. 1.78 split ... but his vert is 23 inches? He's clunky in drills, and I think he has short legs, is that bad? I wasn't a huge fan of his tape.

Mekhi Wingo LSU 389 77.6 Another "ding ding ding" top sleeper. In his best moments he comes off like Newton ... which is a good way to win. That matters. 1.64 split at 6-0 284. 4.85 40. 25 reps. Had the best grade of LSU DL by PFF. He's on my short list for later in the draft.

Michael Hall Jr. Ohio State 413 77.3 6-3 290 with 33 inch arms. Well respected on Ohio State ... Drilled smooth and fast ... no idea where he lands but someone will likely grab him in round 4 if not earlier.

Myles Murphy North Carolina 482 68.9 I like him late round ... numbers aren't great ... but I don't think he's supposed to be fast. 6-4 310 34 inch arms ...

Ruke Orhorhoro Clemson 409 75.8 I like his teammate better but he will be drafted first. 4.89 40, 29 reps .. 1.68 split ... better athlete. I'd rather have his teammate later for better value. There is a chance given his #s that he's a better fit in a 3-4.

T'Vondre Sweat Texas 503 91.7 Big man. 6-5 366. Moves well for that size and drilled well. He has solid endurance ... decent snap count. He's going to exhaust O linemen ... but he's NOT Haloti Ngata or Dontari Poe. He doesn't move as well laterally. So he's gotta fit. We generally don't go for that type, but he's gotta be top 64.

Tyler Davis Clemson 474 85.5 1.68 split. 5.02 40. Strong. And note the PFF grade. I thought he moved really well. If I had to choose I'd try to take him in the 4th ... I don't think he makes the 5th in his class.

Zion Logue Georgia 351 71.2 Drilled poorly ... I don't know why he was here. There were some good snubs.

Questions and comments welcome ...

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout DT Combine Analysis

alyoshamucci351March 09, 2024 03:12PM

Re: Blinkscout DT Combine Analysis

Deadpool161March 10, 2024 10:00AM

Wingo looks like a 3/4i to me

JimYoungblood5380March 10, 2024 12:08PM

thank you

Deadpool58March 10, 2024 03:08PM