Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout TE Combine Analysis

March 05, 2024 06:53AM
This was an oddly small group in my opinion, but considering the OL and WR class I guess it makes sense.

There were definitely some players that weren't invited that I would have wanted to see. Isaac Rex is at the top of that list at 6-6 255.

Personal note ... TE and S are my favorite positions, so I have a "type" that I look for. In this position, I want brutes. Catches in traffic, punishing after the catch ... extra points if they hurdle people. I like Davis Allen so I'm not searching high here, but I know we have a spot to fill so I'm looking at 6th round steals.

Also, to note, I found a list that has their snaps played and PFF grade ... so I copied and pasted form there.

AJ Barner Michigan 620 82.2 Didn't test, but he's not fast or bursty. I'd let him go undrafted.

Ben Sinnott Kansas State 769 83.0 Very active receiving TE that tested himself into round 2 I believe. 6.8 3 cone and 40 inch vert.

Brevyn Spann-Ford Minnesota 716 53.1 He's smooth, and has decent blocking tech ... but as an athlete he's sub par for the position. I'm not big on "smooth" either. I wouldn't draft him.

Brock Bowers Georgia 520 84.9 DNP. Nothing to prove against this lot ... but I would have liked to see him compete. As a note, my TE0 is still Hockenson. I don't know if drilling would have put him over the top, but without a workout he's definitely not threatening.

Cade Stover Ohio State 615 75.6 I don't trust his hands as much as some of the other fellas ... but he's got decent enough skills and numbers to be a second TE or mayyyyybe a primary. He's a feisty dude, so he's got that going for him.

Dallin Holker Colorado State 843 69.2 2nd team AA ... lots of production as a pass catcher. Better agility #s than burst ... 6.83 3 cone is notable. I don't know if he's a brute.

Devin Culp Washington 347 68.9 Really a big WR type. Not going to be a primary weapon.

Erick All Iowa 251 73.5 Wanted to see him test. Iowa offense has no tape.

Ja'Tavion Sanders Texas 742 76.6 About what I expected ... maybe a tad slower footed. I'll have around a 4th round grade on him. Not a brute.

Jack Westover Washington 596 75.0 Clutch during the season ... liked him better than Culp. He's a tad undersized and I wish he'd have worked out ... Likely a UDFA rarget

Jaheim Bell Florida State 451 73.4 I am not really a fan, but he's enough of a brute for me to withhold judgment. Burst numbers are upper echelon, agility ... not so much. I don't expect him to work zones well, so you have to have a plan for him as a check down. I have him as a 5th rounder "for some team" but not likely us.

Jared Wiley TCU 627 68.0 One of the bigger players on my radar all year. Checks all the boxes. 4.62 40 at 6-6 249. 37 vert. 7.1 3 cone. Bursty and agile, some great catches. He and the guy below could last a long time, but I have 3rd round grades on each and both would make good seconds to Allen going forward.

Tanner McLachlan Arizona 811 69.7 For me this is a top sleeper. He's fast, bursty, brutish, and has hands. He's a target and he could easily last until the 6th. 4.61 40 at 6-4 244. 35 inch vert.

Theo Johnson Penn State 627 64.2 He's going to be overdrafted because of his numbers ... which were honestly surprising. He's not a brute ... wasn't the best TE on his team ... I liked Brenton Strange better. So I'll have him in the 5th ... he'll likely be drafted in the 3rd.

Tip Reiman Illinois 641 60.1 Guy is a beast. I hoped he wouldn't test as well as he did, but he still might slide. a 4.64 40 at 270 lbs and 6-4 is nothing to laugh at. Neither is 28 reps. He's a nasty blocker and nastier with the ball in his hands. If Im drafting him, I'm drafting him for intimidation factors as much as anything else. Illinois, if you don't follow college ball, is an up and down team because they generally send guys to the NFL in bunches like last year. BUt the coaching and talent is good every year.

Trey Knox South Carolina 499 64.9 Big WR. Not a brute. Ceiling would be Juwan Johnson after some seasoning. Late rounder and I'm likely not drafting him.

Questions and comments welcome ... I think Im doing RB next.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout TE Combine Analysis

alyoshamucci129March 05, 2024 06:53AM