Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Full agreement with you

March 03, 2024 10:09AM
I don't think it will be a decision made beforehand.

I think there could be some if/then triggers built into the first day draft.

For example, if a specific player (or two players, or three) the Rams want goes before #19 comes up, then the Rams could pull the trigget on a pending deal with a trade partner.

Or, Trader Les has his eye on a generational player that could go earlier - and has a trade deal lined up, say future picks, etc. to bump up if the player is still available when the trade partner's number comes up.

Or, we'll swap positions in this year's draft (either up or down) to position ourselves strategically to get the player(s) we want.

I don't put much out of the range of possibility for Trader Les Snead. While he was getting gobsmacked a few years ago on this board I bit my lip - he's getting the players the coach wants. He's building relationships and continuity in the management team. Within that, his thinking has gradually permeated throughout the organizational structure.

He's an analog thinker in a linear world and a communicator. You don't find many football guys like that. I look for the harvest from this year's draft - however it goes - to yield some surprises while filling our roster needs. And it will be as nobody predicted.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

After watching the NFL combine

Stafford9281March 03, 2024 08:42AM

Full agreement with you

NewMexicoRam98March 03, 2024 09:32AM

I am a huge fan of resigning Kevin Dotson

Stafford983March 03, 2024 09:44AM

Re: Full agreement with you

mtramfan76March 03, 2024 10:09AM

My head is spinning.

Ram_Ruler75March 03, 2024 10:43AM