Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Don't think so.

February 10, 2024 01:42AM
Here's the thing: The Von Miller trade was what the Rams thought was the final piece to get them over the Superbowl hump. They were right.
I doubt they see the acquisition of any single player as having that kind of effect, no matter how good that player is.

Could the Rams be interested in Mack? Maybe. But not unless he would re-structure his contract to be more affordable. Would he command $23 mil on the open market? TBD. But I doubt it.

But it is true (I think) that the Chargers trading Mack is very possible. But again, not if a team has to pick up his current salary. And certainly not unless they can get a more cap friendly extension worked out before the trade. The Rams in some ways got burned with the Von Miller thing when he left. No way they would allow themselves to be in that position again, this time with Mack.

But here's the thing: getting that Superbowl win in some ways relieves some pressure and allows the Rams some time to rebuild for the longer run, rather than having one big year and then 2 or 3 years of barely a playoff team before they can build back up again.

I think from Kroenke on down the new strategy is to build for the longer run. Not like the Chiefs who got a HOF QB who has another decade to play. But rather a 3 or 4 year run because I think Stafford can, and will, play that long.

Can that run begin in 2024? Maybe. But they need help in multiple places, not just one. They need secondary help, edge help, RB1b help, and TE 1b help (although Allen may have the potential to be that). And, that's assuming they bring back their Oline intact, and have a little depth.

Bottom line: 20% chance they sign and trade for Mack. Too many conditions would need to be met for that to happen.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Door could be opening for Rams to trade for a prominent All-Pro…

Rams43462February 09, 2024 07:27AM

Re: Door could be opening for Rams to trade for a prominent All-Pro…

alyoshamucci206February 09, 2024 07:35AM

Re: Door could be opening for Rams to trade for a prominent All-Pro…

Rams43160February 09, 2024 07:43AM

Don't think so.

RockRam104February 10, 2024 01:42AM

The hurdle will be trade compensation

merlin72February 10, 2024 09:41AM

this site is a joke..the photo and caption says it all...

Rampage2K-63February 10, 2024 10:32AM

"this site is a joke.."

NewMexicoRam48February 10, 2024 11:23AM