Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why is that?

January 23, 2024 07:01AM
He is a top acolyte of a defense the league has found the answer to. Why would we want that? I remember when for two years the zone blitz had everyone shook until the offensive geniuses in the NFL figured out how to defeat it so effectively it went from en vogue to extinct. It's the same reason why people don't try to run the 85 Bears defense unless you have vastly superior talent, the secret is out how to beat it. Staley was a top Fangio disciple when that shells prevent explosive defense had the league befuddled especially McVay. A vast majority of teams employed it, probably none better than Staley when he was with the Rams but now offenses have figured out how to counteract it. People still run the Tampa Two but there are ways to attack it that OC's and offensive minded HC;s know how to attack it now. All that to say Staley was a one trick pony. A pitcher with one pitch that used to strike people out (a knuckler or a screwball) but now that they have figured that pitch out, everyone is taking him yard, and he doesn't have a secondary pitch to rely on.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Difficult’Ram’ifications if DC Raheem Morris lands HC promotion…

Rams43180January 23, 2024 03:36AM

I’m sure that McVay has contingency plans should any and all of these potential coaching losses occur…

Rams4377January 23, 2024 06:11AM

As long as Staley is out there, we're okay

303074January 23, 2024 06:21AM

Why is that?

RamsDynasty98January 23, 2024 07:01AM

Like I said...

303096January 23, 2024 08:39AM

Staley may be man for DC, but there are some concerns

fullcurl59January 24, 2024 07:18AM