Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Raheem Morris lands 2nd interviews with 4 teams, including Seahawks…

January 22, 2024 06:47AM
Raheem Morris lands 2nd interviews with 4 teams, including Seahawks

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Cameron DaSilva

Raheem Morris was close to landing the Indianapolis Colts’ head coaching job last year, but he’s an even stronger candidate for several jobs around the NFL this offseason. Morris has had five virtual interviews with teams looking for a head coach, and he’ll advance to the second stage of the interview process with four of them.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Falcons, Panthers, Commanders and Seahawks will all bring in Morris for second interviews, which will take place in-person rather than over videocall. That’s a sign of just how sought-after Morris is already, making it seem likely that he’ll leave the Rams for a head coaching job this offseason.

Morris has been the Rams’ defensive coordinator for the last three seasons, replacing Brandon Staley on Sean McVay’s staff in 2021. He helped the team win the Super Bowl two years ago with a star-studded defense, and this season, he led a group that was lacking proven talent outside of Aaron Donald and Ernest Jones.

Morris previously spent time on Washington and Atlanta’s coaching staff, so they’re looking to potentially reunite with the impressive coach.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Raheem Morris lands 2nd interviews with 4 teams, including Seahawks…

Rams43257January 22, 2024 06:47AM

Re: Raheem Morris lands 2nd interviews with 4 teams, including Seahawks…

MamaRAMa118January 22, 2024 06:55AM

I am rooting for Rah to get his shot

Speed_Kills110January 22, 2024 07:01AM

Yep me too. I love to see folks succeed.

RockRam108January 22, 2024 07:11AM

Hoping he gets a gig as well and he tops that Seattle list

merlin61January 22, 2024 07:43PM

Re: Raheem Morris lands 2nd interviews with 4 teams, including Seahawks…

Ridgewood Ram87January 22, 2024 08:46AM

I would be willing to pay half his salary as long as he stays in the NFC West

Stafford9106January 22, 2024 08:52AM

Re: I would be willing to pay half his salary as long as he stays in the NFC West

CarolinaRam108January 22, 2024 09:12AM

Re: I would be willing to pay half his salary as long as he stays in the NFC West

Stafford996January 22, 2024 12:52PM