Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

One thing that happens all the time in this league

January 16, 2024 09:21PM
Is you'll see a unit play over their heads. They'll get everything going, and guys who often cannot be counted on can all sort of find good play in that game, and they'll achieve a level of production that is surprising or even dominant. Now in that game vs the Rams they were hardly dominant. But they were geeked up and ultra physical and riding a wave of elation at being in a home playoff game. I was impressed by them and must grudgingly admit that.

But inevitably they'll revert to who they are, because over 17 games your identity is accurately established for the most part. Especially in comparison to one playoff game.

Of course there are outliers. Our recent title run among them, where the addition of Von changed our team and our stats over 17 games didn't fully express what that defense was when they hit the playoffs. But Detroit doesn't have that. They do have a fantastic edge rusher who is young and improving. But their secondary has a lot of issues and personally I don't think their coordinator gives them an edge vs his counterparts, so I don't know that I'm ready to believe they're ascending enough to allow that team to win 4 straight vs this playoff field.

But enjoy your big playoff win Detroit. Your boys earned it. And good luck because you're gonna need it.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Lions are a terrible RZ defense. Just not against McVay.

NewMexicoRam166January 16, 2024 03:00PM

Re: Lions are a terrible RZ defense. Just not against McVay.

alyoshamucci96January 16, 2024 03:09PM

One thing that happens all the time in this league

merlin84January 16, 2024 09:21PM