Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Zero outside pass rush

January 15, 2024 01:45AM
It's very hard to really know what we need, but it does seem that there were a few spots where we let someone go in FA and was hoping a young guy would emerge and it didn't really happen.

You cite CB as number one. Well, Ramsey was a #1 CB. He wanted top top money and lost a step, but, if we had him yesterday, we probably win the game.

You have EDGE next. Well, Floyd was a pretty strong EDGE rusher and could stop the run too. He wanted big money and was no longer a top, top guy so we let him leave. We lost by one. Do we win with him?

WR? Frankly, I don't see it. Kupp was playing hurt. If he's healthy and with Puka coming in as the best rookie WR of all time we have an insane 1-2. Tutu makes plays whenever he's used but doesn't get used. Robby looks like a terrific player. Everyone would trade their receivers for ours. Can Kupp come back healthy? The Rams know that more than us and will react accordingly.

I think that Havs got abused at RT this game by Hutchinson. Always liked Havs, but if there's an upgrade in the draft I take a young ROT and see who wins the role in camp. Noteboom isn't the answer anyway and is being paid big LT bucks to fill in. This might be our first pick.

Many think we need to draft another QB. Maybe so. It's the most important job in the field. Stafford is All-World
, but he's getting up there in age and just had a bunch of punishment in this game. Wentz would be a great #2, but is a FA. If we re-sign him and our kid from Georgia comes back we are set. But, right now, question marks.

You have kicker, but we need a whole new ST roster. Our punter looks like a winner, but the LS, holder and PK combo totally sucks eggs. We have no KR/PR. And nobody can block or tackle on our very un-special Special Teams.
We need to add like 6-8 upgrades into this third of our team. Do we sign vets or draft them?

RB- KW has emerged and is now a top RB. Rivers has played well. But, our rookie barely got in and most teams have 4 or 5 guys that they can use if necessary. I think we could use another guy here.

TE- Higbee might be very injured. Hopkins is a FA. Allen looked very good in his spots. Need another guy who can really block and has decent hands. SKOW isn't that guy.

Big DT-run stuffer. - Love Turner who plays alongside AD, but they need another big moose in there. Brown seems to have the size and could help, but we need another monster inside.
We let two go in FA after last season and never replaced them. More inside push and eliminating the run would maybe improve us by a couple of points.

ILB- our MLB is a stud, but the Reeder Rozeboom types aren't up to snuff. We let Wags go and hoped to just have youngsters take over? Need another strong ILB who knocks people around.
Someone who can fill gaps, make stops and rush. I think it's a glaring need.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Zero outside pass rush

Glyndwr71164January 14, 2024 11:33PM

dodgerram84January 15, 2024 01:10AM

SoCalRAMatic59January 15, 2024 01:45AM