Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Let’s face it…

January 15, 2024 03:30AM
McVay kicked Goff to the curb. And it hurt Goff. Goff was broken emotionally by McVay's treatment. He said Campbell built him back up. And it’s noticeable to anyone with an open mind. He still has the same inherent weaknesses, you pressure him and you can’t knock the ball out of his hands easier than most QBs. But he no longer is making those off the wall head scratching dumb throws across the field right into defenders hands.

It’s simple in my opinion, McVay and Goff were never a good match. McVay never had the patience for Goff, McVay was too young. And probably felt a lot of pressure to win the first SB in LA, which to his credit he did. Goff is in a much better place for him now, so it’s really a blessing for him in the end.

McVay may have regrets on how he handled the trade, but he’d still want Stafford. Who knows if McVay and Goff will ever be ok with each other. Doesn’t really matter to me.

Bottom line for me is, I felt bad for Goff the way the trade was made, but I’m happy with Stafford who is a better QB for sure. Still, Goff is good enough on the right team to win a SB. And he may have that kind of team right now. I expect them to win their next game comfortably and go into SF with a fighting chance to beat them.

He will always be the first QB we drafted in our magical return to LA. He had that fantastic game in NO that put us in our first SB. And that’s as much as any LA QB has ever done, more than Everett or Gabriel, and as much as Ferragamo. I still love those guys, so why shouldn’t I love Goff? Anyways, you guys can do what you want, but I’m rooting for him the rest of the way.

~ max ~
“The consciousness of good intentions disdains ambiguity.” - Alexander Hamilton
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Post game congratulations ?

waterfield348January 14, 2024 08:35PM

TV showed McVay zoning in on someone after the game.

Ramgator163January 15, 2024 02:09AM

Let’s face it…

max133January 15, 2024 03:30AM

Re: Let’s face it…

Rams4398January 15, 2024 03:54AM

Makes me wonder. Can McVay develop young QBs for the NFL?

Ramgator59January 15, 2024 04:26AM

McVay didn't have time to coddle Goff

RamsDynasty55January 15, 2024 04:31AM

Re: Makes me wonder. Can McVay develop young QBs for the NFL?

MamaRAMa52January 15, 2024 07:45AM

Re: Let’s face it…

Classicalwit84January 15, 2024 04:28AM

Agreed

max84January 15, 2024 04:38AM