Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Merlin

January 14, 2024 09:00PM
RamsDynasty
merlin
Speed at wideout who can perform in that X role is a need. LT of the future is a need. But the holes on defense are far worse.

Merlin I have heard the need for diversity at WR before. It was used some say by Kupp to justify moving on from Bobby Trees for that bum from the Bears. However if you don't go back to Tony Horne or AZ Hakim, I can't recall a consistent home run threat on any Rams offenses that operated efficiently enough. DeSean Jackson wasn't hear that long. Cooks maybe but, I thought it worked just fine with healthy Kupp and Woods. I would think the perfect complement to a Puka, and Woods/Kupp WR grouping might better be a Mike Evans/Dez Bryant type to help in the RZ over a BCooks Tyreek type burner.

Well I must admit that I was excited when we signed Allen Robinson but the signs were there with him in his dropoff in production the year prior. That compared to his age and the fact that he was never athletic was a very poor combination and a lesson learned.

Reason I mention that is because I agree Evans is a real nice target for us this offseason. But unlike Robinson he's still got juice with a 15.9 ypr and he's a big and physical guy who puts out 1k yard seasons so regularly he's a metronome in that regard. Also a lot of teams are going to be thinking draft for WR and rightly so. And Evans I would think would want to play for McVay and have Stafford throwing it to him.

If they go the draft route then you have a ton of options. But I'm hoping they get Dotson done before the offseason and Evans during FA. Then that early pick you're not taping McVay to a chair in the draft room while you pick a corner or edge or safety or DL that will help the defense take a big step forward.

Either way this is going to be the funnest draft in years. I'm really looking forward to this offseason because this team has cap space and a first round pick.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Problem is Red Zone Offense

Hawaii Rams Fan224January 14, 2024 06:33PM

Re: Problem is Red Zone Offense

RamsDynasty72January 14, 2024 06:36PM

Things have greatly improved since they moved The Matador to the bench.

Ridgewood Ram89January 14, 2024 06:40PM

I Thought Williams Was Out Of The Game...

ramBRO95January 14, 2024 06:44PM

Re: Problem is Red Zone Offense This is a must

Rams_7843January 14, 2024 07:56PM

Re: Problem is Red Zone Offense This is a must

Singapore Ram47January 14, 2024 08:06PM

Redzone offense is on the list but quite a ways down

merlin56January 14, 2024 08:10PM

Merlin

RamsDynasty46January 14, 2024 08:21PM

Re: Merlin

merlin48January 14, 2024 09:00PM

Evans