Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another way to watch...

January 14, 2024 09:37AM
I will be looking for some tertiary issues I believe will make the difference today.

1. How will the officials call the game?

Blocking AD and Hutch is impossible one on one without holding. However they lean is fine as long as it's consistent. The refs will also have to set the tone as to defensive holding and interference and offensive picks because both teams are particularly susceptible.

2. Who plays on the punt unit this week?

I will be extremely disappointed if we don't load this unit with starters that can f'ing tackle.

3. Will Lions blitzes produce turnovers?

Sean won't shrink the offense knowing how vulnerable the defense is against Goff this week. Aaron Glenn WILL gamble aggressively and win a few. Will Matthew gamble in response or play it close? A case could be made both ways. The best answer isn't binary.

4. How much changeup is Sean willing to show this week?

McVay constantly self scouts and expands answers for his offense. If he finds something in the Lions tendencies to exploit, of course he will. This isn't noteworthy. What is worthy of consideration is whether or not he changes things up with some things not shown on the regular season menu. I suspect something like trap blocking to be sprinkled into the system or some deeper routes for Kyren.

What are your "out of the box" things to watch?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2024 09:41AM by Leoram.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Another way to watch...

Leoram145January 14, 2024 09:37AM

There will be a fake punt by Lions

Hazlet Hacksaw38January 14, 2024 11:27AM

Yeah, nobody has picked on our STs this year..

sstrams26January 14, 2024 11:30AM

Re: Yeah, nobody has picked on our STs this year..

Hazlet Hacksaw26January 14, 2024 11:32AM