Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TexasRam has thoughts on whether Rams should play starters…

January 03, 2024 06:07AM
Here’s TexasRam…

Like others, I am waffling a bit here.

I also agree, there will be some that blame Mcvay either way.

Mcvay said we will know more Wednesday, so later today we will possibly have a clearer picture of what he decides.

But for me it comes down to this:

1. Dallas will (Most Likely) beat Washington because Dallas DOES NOT want to play on the road. We all know they are terrible on the Road and Damn near unbeatable at home. That 5 seed is likely all road games. The 2 seed could be two home games. If Dallas wins they clinch the 2 seed. But funny thing here, the Washington game is on the road so Dallas could lay an egg.

2. The Lions will play their starters because they have the noon game and wont know the outcome of the Dallas and Philly games since those games are 3PM games. Dan Campbell already mentioned their plan is to play their Starters. If Philly and Dallas lose that would mean a Lions win gives them the 2 seed. Pay attention to this Lions game. If the Lions lose any key starters in this game, Mcvay may have even more incentive to beat the Niners and keep the 6 seed who would play the Lions at the 3 seed.

3. The Rams matchup at Detroit is much more favorable then at Dallas. The Lions are heavily reliant on running the ball. The Rams are real good at stopping the run. Dallas however, struggles running so could be throwing the ball all day against our greatest weakness, our pass defense. Further, the Lions pass rush is no where near as dominant as the Dallas pass rush can be.

There is risk with either approach. Sit your key starters and Likely lose to Dallas. Play your starters and risk injury

The Niners don't want injuries either though, so I don't expect a hard hitting game from them. I also don't expect Bosa or Warner to play. Anything can happen but you can also call a crisp game plan that minimizes the chance for injury. Quick hitting pass plays to the sideline, Rotating Donald out of run downs etc. Pay attention to the Lions game and also get Live updates from the Dallas and Philly games. Be prepared to shift gears at halftime if needed. If Philly is winning big and Dallas is losing big or has key injury, you can adjust your approach.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

TexasRam has thoughts on whether Rams should play starters…

Rams43192January 03, 2024 06:07AM

Re: Rams should play like they need to WIN at least for 1 qtr.......

oldschoolramfan78January 03, 2024 06:49AM

Great post

ferragamo7977January 03, 2024 06:52AM

Re: Great post

CarolinaRam60January 03, 2024 07:24AM

Re: Either way, I think I rest K. Williams after early touches

leafnose54January 03, 2024 07:59AM

The Rams can rest key starters and still win this game

BigGame8157January 03, 2024 08:15AM

Re: The Rams can rest key starters and still win this game

LMU9364January 03, 2024 08:29AM

SF sitting Purdy for sure and most starters