Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Well Den if I were in Harbaugh's shoes

January 02, 2024 11:32AM
I would focus moreso on the owner than the roster. He's not some young coordinator who has to jump in this hiring window. He can pick and choose his location. If there are 8 teams with an opening he will be the favorite for 8 jobs and rightly so. Harbaugh fought with his GM in SF and that weak owner undoubtedly left an impression on him. I seriously doubt he gets lured into another situation like that.

So of the rumored jobs...

Chargers: Doubtful. That QB is talented but choosing your own QB can achieve the same thing. I think they are overrated due to Spanos.

Raiders: Doubtful. He'd have to deal with Bowlcut. Plus Bowlcut just hired a female GM and whether anyone loves that or not (I don't) a coach of Harbaugh's quality will come in with priority on the GM hire. Which makes this very unlikely.

Panthers: Possible. Personally I think Tepper is a problem as an owner but he is loaded and desperate to win. I think they are in play though not the favorite as the owner is a bit of a jerk and also they don't have a top draft pick plus the owner might be stupid enough to double down on his undersized QB he invested in.

Patriots: Likely. This is an owner who knows what it looks like when done right. He is accustomed to having a strong head coach running the organization. Harbaugh is a perfect fit as a replacement. Picking 3 overall right now too.

Commodes: Possible. New ownership so to a great extent an unknown.

Giants: Doubtful. I think they have good coaches in place on each side of the ball, personally. Not so sure they make a move.

Tennessee: Doubtful. Seems like they're gonna keep Vrabel in place.

NYJ: Doubtful. Organization is a train wreck. If they do make a change they won't be in play for a top coach like Harbaugh.

Atlanta: Possible. Good owner in place. Good stadium. I could see this happening and their pick is inside top 10.

Chicago: Doubtful. Again the owner and clueless front office are unlikely to be able to mobilize the structure to attract a top guy.

New Orleans: Possible. Owner is solid. Stadium sucks and they need more work with a harder road but I could see it. Pick is early teens.

Denver: Doubtful. There are rumors that the owner and Payton detest one another and a change will be made. But I doubt they can clear that situation and attract Harbaugh in the same offseason.

Tampa: Doubtful. Glazers are stupid owners, their front office is not very good. They'd clear space for him but they don't have a top QB in place and are drafting too low to have a good chance to find a quick answer. I think they'd be outcompeted by better options if they do make a change.

My money is on New England. That's an owner who I don't like but he has a strong valuation of the top head coaching candidate and is moving on from a great, so he will be all in on Harbaugh.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I think Harbaugh stays at Michigan

Stafford9177January 01, 2024 03:50PM

Whether he wins it all might factor in there

merlin61January 01, 2024 08:25PM

I think He Leaves for the Chargers.

den-the-coach66January 01, 2024 09:44PM

Chargers makes more sense, I believe he wants the Bears

Stafford938January 02, 2024 10:42AM

Well Den if I were in Harbaugh's shoes

merlin38January 02, 2024 11:32AM