Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Agreed. I've really come around on Dotson

December 28, 2023 11:15AM
alyoshamucci
I'm rolling with it.

I'd pay Dotson. I know that's controversial but ... we win games with offense and I haven't liked a line this much in ages.

They protect Stafford in two ways, keeping him clean and keeping the running game a threat.

I would even keep Shelton and draft a backup IL/OC ...

It bothers me he is playing his best just in time for a contract. Just from that perspective of worrying he'll get paid and put his feet up. But the way he's playing is really something. He is the best RG we've had in years. Corbs was really good that title run but Dotson is better.

So the entire offseason plan really begins with one question: do they trust Dotson to get paid and keep producing? Rams have seen him up close for a good chunk of the season, just comes down to that basic willingness to bet on the guy or not.

From there everything else follows. If they do sign him then all they really need in the draft is taking a shot on a depth OT and maybe a Center, both of whom can be done outside the early going. Which leaves that early couple picks to BPA which is very easy for the Rams given they have a lot of needs.

And re: FA my expectation is they get Dotson done because if the Rams want him it will get done. And from there they can probably add one other FA just to help get this roster back to a level they need to be at to maximize Stafford. So I'm guessing two starter quality FAs added, which includes Dotson if they bring him back.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Interesting offensive line question, especially for you draft junkies

Ram_Ruler244December 28, 2023 08:35AM

Re: Interesting offensive line question, especially for you draft junkies

alyoshamucci126December 28, 2023 08:41AM

Thanks for the feedback I'm leaning that way

Ram_Ruler88December 28, 2023 08:51AM

Re: Thanks for the feedback I'm leaning that way

Hawaii Rams Fan72December 28, 2023 09:31AM

Re: Thanks for the feedback I'm leaning that way

Ram_Ruler55December 28, 2023 11:20AM

Exactly. Don't look a gift-horse in the mouth as they say