Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Could Rams become a SB favorite as soon as 2024?

December 22, 2023 05:35PM
Could Rams become a Super Bowl favorite as soon as 2024?
Strong foundation has LA set up for a return to the Big Game in the very near future

[www.turfshowtimes.com]

Evan Craig

The Los Angeles Rams defeated the New Orleans Saints to kick off Week 16 in a game that wasn’t nearly as close as the final score indicated. LA jumped out to a 30-7 lead and only allowed the Saints to make the score appear somewhat respectable in garbage time.

Sean McVay’s team won their biggest game since Super Bowl LVI on Thursday. This wasn’t what most fans or analysts expected out of the Rams in 2023. The primetime beatdown of New Orleans proved that Matthew Stafford is playing some of the best football of his career and Puka Nacua and Kyren Williams were excellent late-round picks from the last two drafts.

What Thursday night also proved to me is how Los Angeles might be closer to hoisting another Lombardi Trophy than we think. Could it happen as soon as the 2024 campaign? Honestly, I’m not putting anything past McVay and this extremely talented young core anymore. They’ve truly made a believer out of me regardless of how this season ends.

Heading into the year, an lengthy rebuild appeared inevitable following the injury-riddled, disasterclass 5-12 season in ‘22. Well guess what most of us got wrong? This year has additionally taught me about the value of a quality front office which cannot be ignored. The dynamic duo of Les Snead and McVay quickly steadied a leaky boat that would’ve sunk under the watch of any organization without a solid foundation in place.

McVay or Snead have had the tendency to frustrate the fanbase over the years. However, their leadership and guidance is the difference between a winning organization and a losing one. The Rams are fortunate to have them in place as this season would’ve been a hell of a lot different without either one at the helm.

TST’s own Blaine Grisak wrote in his December 21 article on how Snead was named as one of the GMs to help his team out most this season. Les had to hit on most of his draft picks in April and he did so. Snead also made underrated additions in Ahkello Witherspoon and Kevin Dotson. Those moves have allowed the Rams to defy the odds in ‘23, while setting up the team for long-term success.

Again, I’m not sure what the end of this season will hold for LA. If I did, I’d head straight out to Vegas and put my life savings on the Rams to win it all in February. What I do know is that with the team playing in such a weak conference, it’s not far-fetched at all to imagine McVay’s squad as a title contender in 2024.

Aside from the 49ers, Eagles, Cowboys and Lions, there are several young rosters in the NFC who haven’t earned enough trusted just yet. There might be a team that comes seemingly out of nowhere, but there are really no other standouts that jump out to me. So why not throw the Rams into the mix in 2024?

With lots of cap space and a first-rounder for the first time in ages, there’s so many positives to build on entering next season. After what LA was able to accomplish on Thursday Night Football, absolutely no one should be putting anything past this team.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Could Rams become a SB favorite as soon as 2024?

Rams43137December 22, 2023 05:35PM