Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kendrick shows flashes??

December 18, 2023 05:06PM
Rams43

Stock Down: CB Derion Kendrick

In the final eight minutes of the game, Kendrick gave up a touchdown and long pass to Terry McLaurin that set up the Commanders at the one. He then had a pass interference penalty on fourth down to put Washington back on the one-yard line. Kendrick essentially gave up two touchdowns in the fourth quarter.

There are times where Kendrick shows flashes of his potential and that make you believe that if he can develop some consistency, he can be a solid second cornerback on a defense. The issue is, the consistency just isn’t there. There continue to be way too many negative plays. He has the “next play” mindset needed in a NFL cornerback. Unfortunately, the mistakes outweigh the positive plays.

I'm racking my brain to come up with a time when Kendrick showed a flash of potential. The only flashes I've seen involving Kendrick are the opposing WR's flying right by him.

And when Kendrick gets beat he usually delivers the bonus plan: getting called for a penalty on the same play. He's tied for 3rd in the NFL with 10 penalties.

That the Rams are able to win any game with Kendrick as a starting CB is truly a miracle.

I don't know what's scarier: The Rams think he's good enough to continue to play him or they actually don't have anyone behind him who could do any better.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Stock up, stock down: Kendrick remains huge problem in secondary…

Rams43184December 18, 2023 03:10PM

Kendrick shows flashes??

RamBill85December 18, 2023 05:06PM

Rams must make secondary a priority in the draft.

Ridgewood Ram91December 18, 2023 06:19PM

Re: Rams must make secondary a priority in the draft.

joram62December 19, 2023 04:27AM

The Rams gutted their defense

Speed_Kills78December 18, 2023 09:43PM