Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Game 14 ... Commanders

December 18, 2023 08:55AM
It's a W. Kendricks has blown some leads for us this year, so it's not super surprising.

It was a weird game ... felt weird.

The Great

1) 7 stops from inside the 5. If that doesn't galvanize our defense, nothing will.

2) Playing deep enough into the season where our young players are hitting their stride.

3) The Davis Allen pick ... I was hoping I'd get to see what I saw at Clemson on a big field (didn't happen with Hopkins), and his attitude with the ball in his hands is the same.

4) KYREN. Dude. He's making me come up with new comps every week ... so now I'm stuck on Emmitt Smith, even though he doesn't fit the weight criteria because inside the 5 yard line, I don't know if I've sen a back as good at getting in the end zone (Marcus Allen used his length)
Anyone have a better comp?

5) Seeing Kupp and Matt get back in tune.

The Good

6) Run blocking, and to a lesser extent, pass blocking.

7) Higbee's catch on the sideline, to go along with the flat footed falling backward throw.

8) Demarcus. Just being a solid vet. Methinks we keep him.

9) Evans getting more comfy punting ... he has the tools so I'm being patient.

10) You know, Earnest Jones' blitzes are really high quality from his position. 3 and a half sacks, but how many pocket flushes? Interesting to have 3 guys over 5 sacks ... 2 are rookies.

11) Lake flashed in his first action back.

The Bad

12) Is Witherspoon hurt or just tight?

13) I can't take many more FG misses. He's young and he made some the other day that were high quality, but he's on a short leash.

14) I wanted more sacks against that O line.

15) As I thought he would, Chris Rodriguez ate us up a little, I was glad they didn't put him in till later.

16) Dude, Kyren ... more awareness of covering the ball.

17) Puka with another drop ... I thought about it, and I'm gonna be easy on him this year, because besides Addison, every rookie WR has had issues with drops.

The Kendricks

18) Um ... when everyone knows to just throw it up to whoever he's covering ... that's bad.

Raheem

19) I think he gets a HC gig this year, specifically because too many teams have talent, and need a stable presence. His motivation and development of this defense is not to be underestimated. And to think we've been playing WITH Kendricks.

College

20) We're in the doldrums of bowl games, and players in the portal may or may not opt out ... it's messy. I'm going back for teams that didn't make bowls that I haven't seen, but I'm not going to get to every FBS team, I'll fall short by a handful.

21) I am further ahead than usual ... so I should be able to provide pretty stable forethoughts as we head toward the all star games and combine.

22) In this draft, from what I'm seeing, the top 15-18 picks are stable. This is rare for this early, but not crazy. 3 OTs, 3 QBs, 3 WRs, 1 DT, 1 CB, 3 Edge, 1 TE. I don't think we pick there. I think we'll make the playoffs and pick in the 20s. I am also leaning toward trading down given that, maybe more than once. A CB around pick 30-40 is enticing ... so is Van Pran.

23) Embarrassment of riches at RB and ILB. The positions are overflowing.

24) Top end WRs exist in next year's first round from smaller named schools. University of AZ Takeroa McMillan, Alford from Syracuse. So if we want to roll with DRob and Tutu and wait till next year to shop, that should be fine. Luther Burden and the Stewart kid come to mind also as burners.

25) Edge ... I still want us to pay that position, but I do like the players that are there. I prefer the top 3 (Latu, Verse, Turner) ... but I won't be upset with Chop Robinson or the other fellas. It's even true that since most are bigger they'll hold up better against the niners. UW and OSU kids are 265-275.

26) Games this week ... save your time. I have to watch all of them because I track careers, but I don't think many will be good.

Questions and comments welcome ... lemme know if I missed anything.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 14 ... Commanders

alyoshamucci301December 18, 2023 08:55AM

Re: Blinkscout Game 14 ... Commanders

Leoram95December 18, 2023 09:29AM

Rampage2K-97December 18, 2023 09:46AM

Re: Blinkscout Game 14 ... Commanders

Coy Bacon75December 18, 2023 11:26AM

Ernest Jones

21Dog74December 19, 2023 04:30AM

Re: Ernest Jones

alyoshamucci73December 19, 2023 05:03AM