Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It is my hope that this amazing draft is not a complete outlier…

December 04, 2023 08:03AM
I know we’re not gonna have 14 picks every year and certainly not 5 new starters alone plus a handful of quality contributors every year.

But I am hoping that Snead/McVay have tweaked their player draft requirements in such a way as to better select candidates that are true football players rather than athletic freaks or players with injury histories or attitudinal issues.

Such a slight perspective change might better reveal more players such as the likes of these kids:

KW
Avila
Puka
Young
Turner
Lake
Ethan Evans

And continuing the trend of brilliant trades and FA signings like these wouldn’t hurt, either:

Wentz (better late than never)
Dotson
Demarcus Robinson
Witherspoon
JJ
Ward

I would be remiss here if I didn’t include McVay’s brilliant offseason assistant coach hires one after another. Perhaps the most unsung positive moves of this very productive offseason.

Now, we can believe that perhaps Rams brain trust got unbelievably lucky this one year OR that perhaps Rams brain trust has evolved to the point that they are now tending to make better and better long term decisions. I believe both are true but I also believe that Rams are trending more toward the latter.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Has any team had a better draft than the Rams this past year?

RockRam201December 04, 2023 04:46AM

No question their draft looks good

Speed_Kills81December 04, 2023 04:57AM

No. This will go down as one of the Rams best drafts ever

stlramz73December 04, 2023 06:18AM

yeah, more to come

LMU9353December 04, 2023 07:08AM

Re: yeah, more to come

stlramz50December 04, 2023 07:36AM

It is my hope that this amazing draft is not a complete outlier…

Rams4338December 04, 2023 08:03AM