Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What do the Cards do with the no longer running Running QB Murray?

November 27, 2023 11:24AM
IMO Kyler Murray isn't going to run much anymore. He has been beaten up and had a serious ACL because of it. And, he doesn't appear to me to be an especially courageous player that he would give up his body for the team (like a Matt Stafford will).

Now, he really would rather not run, and it has greatly affected his game. Without that threat, and without being able to run around for 5 seconds waiting for a WR to finally separate from the defenders, he's just not the same. His highlight reel plays have always been because of his legs. Not his arm. Live by your legs, die by your legs. Not what a QB ought to be.

And despite what the announcers said, he does NOT see the field real well because he's just not tall enough to get the view he needs over those giant linemen on both sides of the ball. He has to take deeper drops or get to the edges to get any kind of decent view. It also means he's strictly a Shotgun formation guy. I also don't think he's terribly cerebral (I don't mean that he's stupid or something), like a Doug Flutie was. This is a bad combination for NFL ball and I have little doubt the Cards are quite clear on that.

I imagine the Cards are going to feel they have no choice but to use what will likely be their 1st or 2nd pick in the draft for a QB. If they don't, their fans will kill the FO. And, you know what? They'll probably get wooed into taking ANOTHER athlete QB whose highlight reels are....you guessed it....his stellar runs, because that's who the top rated crop is. Yet, if they don't use that first pick on a QB, they won't have a shot at hopefully getting better eventually. A rookie QB means a full reset on the offense, and that takes a couple of seasons.

Then there's the matter of trying to get some team to take on Murray's contract, probably by having to pay 90% of the cost of it for the new team. But, some hard up team will probably assume the risk. Seattle could be on the list, but there's no way the Cards trade him to the Seahawks.

The Cards have a tough road ahead for awhile and will be the weak sister of the NFC West for the foreseeable future.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What do the Cards do with the no longer running Running QB Murray?

RockRam103November 27, 2023 11:24AM

he's actually played well this year since his return up until yesterday

Rampage2K-39November 27, 2023 11:57AM

Re: What do the Cards do with the no longer running Running QB Murray?

alyoshamucci29November 27, 2023 12:31PM