Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Crucial stretch the next few games

November 21, 2023 01:00PM
Williams' return first off is big for the offense. He's a key player and most importantly the team waiving Henderson means they will be giving carries to two backs who have been very effective (both are at or near 60% success rate) and both of them are good enough to make defenses play the run. I do hope they don't forget about Freeman, though, because his power element is a concern for defenses. No defense likes to be trucked, i.e. having a powerful back getting into their secondary and making them look bad in tackling.

The next three include two high end and very tough defenses in Baltimore and Cleveland. Both are going to cause us problems. This means the Cardinals game is as close to a must-win as you can get without being an elimination game. Ideally they get that dub in Arizona then go into the Browns game with a chance to get back to .500 ball. The Browns, as great as that defense is playing, are not the most dangerous team on offense, so I'd say we have a chance in that game even though I don't like the matchup. Baltimore is almost surely a loss, the way they are playing, just going to be too much quality for us.

So I'd say we need to win 2 of the next 3 as a goal. And also I think with Williams' return, and the fact that both him and Freeman have been quite good for us, means that if they keep that attack balanced our offense is capable of getting us there. Our defense is solid, but it's gonna require some help to win vs one of those two top defenses.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

McVay gives the Kyren Williams update you’ve been waiting for…

Rams43215November 21, 2023 05:48AM

Crucial stretch the next few games

merlin99November 21, 2023 01:00PM

Browns QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson was drafted w/ the Troy Hill pick

Rams Junkie50November 21, 2023 03:46PM

Can they beat the Cards, Browns, Commanders, Saints & Giants?

Rams Junkie62November 21, 2023 03:58PM