Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Packers game

November 17, 2023 09:29AM
Have not watched the boring and terrible game again (nor will I) and barely paid attention the first-time while doing something else, LOL BUT...

- Rypien as a back-up QB? Even we knew better from a mile away.
- Noteboom is garbage toast. Yet another terrible extension. Can not even provide adequate swing tackle play this year.
- LOT definitely one of the first two pick in he draft as FA appears weak there.
- The Higbee extension still annoys me. Are the Rams perpetually incapable of drafting or signing better TEs?
- The secondary needs more help and he new secondary coaches are not making a HUGE difference yet.
- AD & Young are a great pair for another 1-2 yrs. B4 AD retires or is traded to a SB competitor. Need something from the other Edge position.
- This offense should be scoring more with Kupp & Puka at WR
- Witherspoon looks like a FA resign if reasonable
- Aside from Jones and Young, the rest of of ILBs and OLBs are below average (not starting caliber for a play-off team)
- Agree on Turner
- The Rams remain soft
- McVay has been a terrible OC/play-caller for two years now and he was in decline prior to the SB run. He had A LOT of star talent on that 2021 team that covered up many of his obvious flaws.
- The 2024 FA period and Draft alone will NOT address all the issues with this team. There exist coaching issues and team culture/attitude problem from a tough and competitive perspective
- Good FA period and Draft and the Rams will have a play-off caliber talent but coaching and leadership will make the difference.

SoCalRAMatic
So, I just watched it. Some things screamed out. Obviously I agree that Rypien never should've been our backup QB. But, awful as he was, our OL was worse.
Noteboom needs to be let go. Don't care how much he makes or how high he was drafted or how highly he was once regarded. He totally blows. If he's our third best OT then OT will be our first pick. And maybe our second too. Higbee blew chunks too. He missed blocks everywhere. Don't understand the extension. Time to bring in youth at TE. Fuller and Durant played lousy. We have no depth and so our special teams are plagued. AD and Young looked great. Puka made some plays. Witherspoon did well. That's about it. Rozeboom wouldn't make any other team. We have almost no pash rush, not enough beef on the DL and horrible LBs.
One huge plus was Turner had a nice game and looks good going forward. Also, our guys were slipping all over the place. Do we need a better equipment manager? See a disturbing trend. Seems like we play hard and are in the game at the half, but bigger stronger teams, almost everyone, pushes harder the second half and we fall apart. The Packers seemed to know what we were going to do on nearly every play. McVay's schemes are filling no one.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Packers game

SoCalRAMatic126November 17, 2023 06:00AM

Higs and the TE room

merlin56November 17, 2023 08:58AM

Re: Packers game

GRAM Torino29November 17, 2023 09:29AM