Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Merlin with a few mid season thoughts…

November 12, 2023 04:48AM
Here’s Merlin…

I'm still pissed at Kendrick. Secondary was playing well as a group prior to his arrest. Wasn't perfect but they were doing a good job limiting QBs which is the most important element in winning defense. Since that time they have @#$%& the bed vs even poor QBs.

So as it pertains to Morris the one thing he has to get right for this second half is sorting that back end. Looks like Kendrick is being phased out, not sure if that continues but whoever they go with need to be able to make QBs hold the ball.

Lake is really interesting. I don't know that he can continue to do well in this role. Feels like they should have Tomlinson out there in the slot (I've accepted Spoon's gonna finish the season out for us), and I'd like to see Lake playing over either Fuller or Yeast, but that might not happen while we're still trying to win games. But there is a lot of value in seeing what he can do back there. Yeast has been better than I expected but the guy does not have great instincts in the pass game for that deep role. Fuller is gonna leave in FA. Lake should be taking one of those two jobs back there I think.

We need Jones back. Those guys were overrun without him. Defensive front as a whole is already light I think, without Jones it doesn't feel like we have enough physicality up the middle.

Jackson's play at LT has dipped. Unfortunately Hav who is an iron man got hurt, not sure when he gets back but I think it is healthy for Jackson to have Boom sitting behind him on the depth chart. So I'm thinking Hav is a key piece for us from that perspective, plus he's the anchor of this group on the leadership side.

OL has some much easier games ahead but also a few tough ones mixed in. Hoping they get on a roll after the bye. If not then park Stafford, feature Wentz, and see how high we can get that pick.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Merlin with a few mid season thoughts…

Rams43131November 12, 2023 04:48AM