Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'm gonna go out on a limb...

November 11, 2023 01:23PM
And say that Carson Wentz is the best QB on our roster.

Is he better than a 30 year old Matthew Stafford? Maybe not.

But I believe current 30/31 year old Wentz is better than current 35/36 year old Stafford.

Stafford can't make it through a season. He has a TON of mileage for a 35 year old QB from his days his Detroit. He has been pretty pedestrian since winning the SB. His long throws have been pathetic after his whole off-season arm thing after the superbowl.

As for Wentz, you just have to ignore the disfunction that is the Washington Commanders when analyzing and look at Wentz on the Colts.

The Long ball is there. The mobility is there.

Let's not pretend Stafford doesn't also make bonehead decisions and hold on to the ball too long.

When I mention the Wentz signing to friends they instantly regurtitate what the sports media talking heads have been saying -"he's washed up".

Watch the film.

I can't speak for his mental state, but he's been training with Gruden, who created McVay's system so I would be willing to give him a chance.

The only thing Stafford has over Wentz is being a crafty veteran.

Wentz is bigger, stronger, younger, and more mobile.

Here's my take: we will look the same next year if we try to ride the old horse one more year and squeeze every last drop out of him. I am fine if we get the Oregon QB or draft any solid future QB. But Stafford is running out of time and I believe we should play Wentz the rest of the year and see what we got. I believe he is our best chance NEXT year.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I'm gonna go out on a limb...

kw13161November 11, 2023 01:23PM