Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lot of moving parts in this equation but I'd guess 2024 will be his last season

November 10, 2023 09:11AM
It is possible McVay takes a TV deal. Or that Kroenke decides to clean house if the wins don't come in the second half of the season. Any of those types of moves might affect this and lead Stafford to punch out. But as long as there is no change in the HC side of things I would think 2024 is his final shot at another title.

Main reason I think this is because financially the Rams tied themselves to him. And this makes him an ideal bridge QB, because you have a guy who is capable of getting hot and winning you a title if you can get the roster right for 2024.

The Rams will need a bridge QB after all. McVay might be looking at two consecutive losing seasons when the dust settles on 2023. No way he's going to want to start a rookie in 2024 and suffer through more losing. Because rookies lose games. That rook will be the backup, the consolation prize of looking ahead if Stafford gets hurt.

This is why I expect the Rams to prioritize LT early on assuming one they like is on the board. Doing that frees up Jackson for guard, where he is better served and where he improves our options. And then I'd get a center at some point on top of that, because having Stafford's shrewdness on pre-snap reads would be invaluable for getting that new pivot up to speed.

And we're gonna have a heavy FA period too I'd think. Not just in terms of the expensive types, but you can get a lot of roles filled with bargains as well. Whatever happens in 2024 I would think determine Stafford's thinking from there, as well as the Rams' thinking. Because Stafford needs to actually play well, which he has not since that epic title run he gave us.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

ESPN writer predicts Stafford will retire after 2023 season…

Rams43198November 10, 2023 05:27AM

Re: ESPN writer predicts Stafford will retire after 2023 season…

Ramsdude81November 10, 2023 06:09AM

Re: ESPN writer predicts Stafford will retire after 2023 season…

GRAM Torino72November 10, 2023 06:19AM

And people need to remember. He has been BEAT TO HELL his entire career!

Ramgator53November 10, 2023 06:46AM

Re: And people need to remember. He has been BEAT TO HELL his entire career!

dodgerram51November 10, 2023 06:55AM

Lot of moving parts in this equation but I'd guess 2024 will be his last season

merlin53November 10, 2023 09:11AM

no way he retires

Stafford954November 10, 2023 09:31AM