Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Article: Carson Wentz's contract details show Rams aren't paying him a lot in 2023

November 09, 2023 04:16AM
As always, our very own AlbaNY, nailed the CAP hit in another post! beer cheer smiley

Carson Wentz's contract details show Rams aren't paying him a lot in 2023

link

LANDOVER, MARYLAND - JANUARY 01: Carson Wentz #11 of the Washington Commanders throws a pass during the second half against the Cleveland Browns at FedExField on January 01, 2023 in Landover, Maryland. (Photo by Todd Olszewski/Getty Images)

Cameron DaSilva
November 9, 2023 6:03 am PT

The Los Angeles Rams made a big change at backup quarterback this week, releasing both Brett Rypien and Dresser Winn before signing Carson Wentz. Wentz had been available since the Commanders released him in February, so this will be his first opportunity of 2023.

Many were wondering if maybe he was holding out for a lucrative contract or a shot to start, but he’s not exactly getting either of those in Los Angeles. Details of his contract have emerged thanks to Field Yates of ESPN and the Rams are paying him less than $1 million for the rest of the season.

His deal includes a $150,000 signing bonus, which is guaranteed, as well as a base salary of $1.165 million. Because we’re in the middle of the season, though, that salary is prorated over nine weeks, which is how many are left in the 2023 season.

So add that $150,000 bonus to a prorated salary of $582,500 and you get a total cost of $732,500. Only $150,000 of that is guaranteed so if they cut him at any time, they won’t be on the hook for the rest of the salary ($64,722 per game).

All in all, that’s not a bad deal for the Rams. They’ll get to evaluate him this season for relatively cheap, with the possibility of bringing him back next year to back up Matthew Stafford again.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2023 04:17AM by Ramsdude.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Article: Carson Wentz's contract details show Rams aren't paying him a lot in 2023 Attachments

Ramsdude120November 09, 2023 04:16AM