Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Optimistic viewpoint on 2024 Rams by Oldnotdead…

October 19, 2023 05:38AM
Here’s Oldnotdead…

I think a lot of us are looking at next year as a legit SB run year. But this year is hugely important because it sets the table for 2024 and beyond. We have all wondered what would this team be without Stafford, Kupp and Donald. This year we got that answer. Nacua has been an understudy for Kupp for years, not just this year and it shows in how he plays. I view him as Kupp v2.0. Turner probably won't reach the heights of Donald, but he's showing that he can be a very able force on the IDL and worthy of being Donald's successor at DT. Young is proving he's the real deal an able followon to Leonard Floyd. In fact I think he will become better. Young has elite traits and an outstanding work ethic. IMO he will prove to be an absolute steal in the third round.

Avila has pro bowl written all over his highlights this year. He's a foundational OG for years to come. Shelton is looking like the guy I watched at UW for years. Smart, mobile and aggressive. Dotson looks to be playing better than he did in Pittsburgh. They played him at LG but he looks like a good fit at RG. So the IOL looks good for years to come. The old school way of OL building was from inside out. Havenstein is nearing his end as the starting RT. Jackson looks good so far but his inconsistencies show so the jury is still out. By the end of the season we will know if he is indeed the franchise LT.

Witherspoon is 28 so he's got another full contract in him. He's played outstanding so far. I think Shelley is the real deal at SCB as well. Both Lake and Yeast are outplaying their draft positions and I think they will be the safeties going forward.

Ethan Evans is a keeper. He's good now but will get better as he develops. IMO the jury is still out on Maher. He's got the leg, Even Zuerlein was only 80% between 40 - 49 yards. So far Maher has been better than Zuerlein.

There is a lot to like about this team. Coaching wise, Wendell is proving himself to be a good OL coach. Pleasant has the secondary playing better than they have in two years. I would have no reservations if he gets promoted to DC, whether or not Raheem gets a HC gig. I'm not overly happy with Blackburn's STs but they can still turn it around. This team is ready to make a run this year and into the future. If the Rams can grab a QB1 of the future in the next draft they will be set for a long time to come. The next draft will be deep in good QBs. Obviously there will be a run to grab Penix and my assessment of Sanders has really cooled the deeper I get into him. His biggest flaw is his immaturity.

After watching Bo Nix play the Huskies, my opinion of him has really improved. He was good at Auburn but he's better now. Right now he looks to be draft slotted probably 9-13. In the Washington game I could see him going through his progressions and his overall all mechanics though occasionally inconsistent have improved. I really loved what I saw in him. I could easily see the Rams targeting him in the draft. He would be a fit for McVay's offense if given a year to develop behind Stafford.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Optimistic viewpoint on 2024 Rams by Oldnotdead…

Rams4399October 19, 2023 05:38AM