Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What if the Van Jefferson trade is mostly to help him?

October 12, 2023 05:48AM
Everything I have read about Van is that he has been a good guy, good teammate, excellent behavior and professionalism.

What if this trade is almost entirely about helping out a good guy you know won't make your roster and sending him to a team that needs WRs and might give him a better chance to improve his career in a contract year?

I mean, we didn't get anything. A bit of cap space and a roster spot, but more danger if our WRs get hurt.

I am okay with making a move like this just to benefit the player. I think it shows the other guys on the team that the team cares about them, beyond just what they do on the field. I think moves like this strengthen your locker room and the relationship between players, HC and front office.

Honestly, I would be okay with it if Les and Sean just thought it was the right thing to do to do right by a guy who did things the right way.

This is a tough league and teams need to get every advantage they can. I'd like to think that despite this, treating people well is still a value that can exist.

If that were the sole reason for the trade, would you support it?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What if the Van Jefferson trade is mostly to help him?

RantoulRam140October 12, 2023 05:48AM

Mcvay said just that

Ram_Ruler65October 12, 2023 06:29AM

Re: Mcvay said just that

RantoulRam48October 12, 2023 12:40PM

Re: Mcvay said just that

Ram_Ruler45October 12, 2023 12:42PM