Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Game 5, Eagles.

October 09, 2023 01:14PM
Looking at the schedule, if I remember correctly, most of us figured 2-3 was not only probable, but not even a bad sign.

Both NFC champ bidders and a repeat of the super bowl. Tough start.

And I'm going to note, none were out of reach in the 4th, and 2 included last second first half TDs.

Another thing of note, is that we are playing inexperienced players who will get better as the year progresses.

The Great

1) I'm loving the pass rushing development of Byron Young. His closing speed is something I'm going to enjoy for years to come.

2) Cooooooooooooooop. Just good to see him back.

3) Witherspoon. I don't know if we've had such a meaningful street FA pickup.

4) Stafford's accuracy in the first half. Thing of beauty. TDs to Atwell, Puka ...

5) Im gonna put Evans' punting here. He pinned them three times. Long kicks. He's a rookie. Glad we drafted him.

The Good

6) Forcing three field goals.

7) Decent running lanes here and there. It's tough sledding against them so I wasn't expecting much.

8) Ernest Jones quietly having a good game.

9) Kyren running with true toughness.

10) Run defense. Not counting QB run, that's a different animal. Our guys are young. Swift has had some days this year.

11) Van Valk got a sack ... I like him more as a run defender right now, but seeing him is good.

12) I feel like this is our O line for this year. We need to run more ... but they seem to hold up better than average and I'll take that.

The Bad

13) Listen, AJ Brown is an elite football player, so getting burned by him all day is not ugly, but it is bad.

14) Time of possession.

15) Missing Tutu, not putting enough air under that throw ... I know it hurts him more than me, but it's still bad.

16) Matt has to integrate the slight difference in speed out of their breaks and getting to their spots between Coop and Puka. It's really small ... but he missed Puka twice and Coop twice.

17) I expected more Higbee.

18) Byron has to wrap up, so does Coby Durant. There was more poor tackling, but those were both first downs.

19) No points in the second half? This is becoming an issue.

20) Safety play was meh in a game where it could have provided some spark.

21) I would love to see Trammell get some snaps in the short passing game.

The Ugly

22) 2nd time this year giving up a TD going into the half on a last second play that shouldn't have even happened.

23) If anyone sees Hoecht matched on a TE in coverage, there has to be an alert. Yes, he's fast, but he's not good enough in coverage yet to not get burned.

24) Backup ORT against Hassan Reddick at the wide nine on a long pass play ... call timeout. Could no one see that? If McClendon had turned and ran he couldn't have gotten him. The back needed to line up over top Reddick and force him around at least wider or into McClendon.

25) Okay, someone has to go to the league and discuss the call of intentional grounding when there's a miscommunication. We all know it wasn't grounding.

26) I discussed a possible antidote for the short yardage push play on that thread.

Other

27) I think Raheem is coaching the Bears next year. Their defense actually needs his style.

College

28) Ive talked about college QBs and red shirting because of how many are coming out ... but now M thinking quite a few won't come out. Shed Sanders and McCarthy? Riley Leonard? They can just stay and have a shot at going 1 overall the next year with another year of quality coaching. Pennix has to come out. Hartman has to come out. CW has suggested he'll pick his team, but they'll make that happen. Maye has no reason to stay. He belongs in the NFL. Cain Ewers could stay, but he's keeping Arch Manning on the bench, so ... he's better off coming out. Been watching LSU and I'm enjoying Jayden Daniels for the first time. He's more accurate and seems to be processing quickly FINALLY. And his speed in the open ... wow. Also HAS to come out.
So that's a developing thing in my opinion. If half the class stays put I'm happier taking an edge or shutdown corner this year. More focused on D now as I believe Ra is going to get a gig next year.

29) On the lookout for a high quality WR4 going into next year. I feel like this class is sorely underrated. I feel that with transfers this position specifically this year has gotten wild.

30) I'm not seeing consistently dominant pass rushers or DTs. This could be because of superior and experienced line play. That said, Latu was one of my favorites, and I haven't seen Chop Robinson. Dallas Turner and Verse were not sticking out though.

31) I am seeing a lot of talent at CB. Again. Guy Im watching, again at Iowa, Cooper Dejean. UCF kid, Thornton. Tarheeb Still at MD. Abrams-Draine at Mizzou.

32) This is not the year for a RB. It's next year. I'm signing a trustworthy guy like AJ Dillon for medium money for 2 years, or Zach Moss, and drafting a stud in 25'.

33) I have not seen Michigan, Washington, Miami, UCLA, OKst, or Penn State. Only mentioning because I know there's talent there.

Lot of college stuff ...

Questions and comments welcome as always.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 5, Eagles.

alyoshamucci323October 09, 2023 01:14PM

Re: Blinkscout Game 5, Eagles.

droopy78October 09, 2023 01:28PM

Dillon

alyoshamucci78October 09, 2023 02:07PM

Re: Blinkscout Game 5, Eagles.

303079October 09, 2023 02:10PM

LT possibles ...

alyoshamucci81October 09, 2023 03:13PM

Re: LT possibles ...