Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Makes me nuts when Rams fans talk about a new QB for the Rams

October 04, 2023 05:48AM
Stafford is a terrific QB. Does he belong in the top tier? I think so. The reality is that the top tier is mostly a subjective beauty contest. How many of the top tier QBs usually listed above Stafford have ever won a Superbowl? And BTW: it was an amazing Stafford drive that won the Superbowl for the Rams.

The dude is ice. Tough. Smart. He has an arm second to none including Josh Allen. Yes, he throws some INTs. But that's what homerun hitters do; they usually lead in both home runs and strike outs. And I love homerun and extra-base hitters.

Stafford is not in it for a beauty contest.....he's in it to win it all. It's all or nothing for him. And winning it all requires taking risks. Just like McVay. Just like Snead. Just like Kroenke. And that's why they are in love with Stafford, and it is why they are looking for those same kind of players to build this roster with.

Love Stafford, and there is no reason he can't play at least 3 - 5 more years. In fact, after this season, the Rams ought to extend him. Sure, maybe use even a 3rd rounder to draft a QB that MIGHT be the future. Or, a really good back up. But to even think about using a high pick to replace Stafford in the near future is nuts unless he says he's about done or there's something happening behind the scenes that none of us know about.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2023 05:50AM by RockRam.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Fans were in awe of 2 incredible throws by Stafford vs Colts…

Rams43210October 04, 2023 05:20AM

Re: Fans were in awe of 2 incredible throws by Stafford vs Colts…

KRams62October 04, 2023 05:28AM

Makes me nuts when Rams fans talk about a new QB for the Rams

RockRam94October 04, 2023 05:48AM

Re: Yes, yes ^ ^ ^

mtramfan47October 04, 2023 10:09AM

Major props to Van Jefferson for making that catch!!!

Rampage2K-48October 04, 2023 08:02AM

Re: Fans were in awe of 2 incredible throws by Stafford vs Colts…

mtramfan49October 04, 2023 10:10AM