Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

reasons for optimism

October 03, 2023 08:52AM
There were moments during the first few Rams games when I couldn't stand to keep watching. But they have done far better during the offseason that I expected. It almost feels like 2017 again, when the Rams came out of nowhere. It is very encouraging to see some of the rookies, and in fact downright mind-blowing in the cases of Nacua and Avila. The OL is looking much, much better than it did last year. It seems that there is better coaching and/or decision making going on there. The emergence of Atwell has been a pleasant surprise. Stafford has thrown some passes that have made me scratch my head, but he showed true grit in the last game and he has made some great throws. If he can stay healthy, this offense could take the Rams places. Maybe high places if they get an upgrade at RB. On the other hand, I am pleased with the production of the RBs on the roster (and glad they unloaded Akers). The defense has been a very pleasant surprise. Kicker has been a bit of a disappointment but not as bad as I had feared. The guy who replaced Matt Gay actually had a higher FG percentage in that game.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

reasons for optimism

L.A.Rams138October 03, 2023 08:52AM