Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A first half review by XXXIVwin…

October 02, 2023 01:30AM
Here’s XXXIVwin…

Re-watched the first half tonight. A few notes and details, including some "under the radar" players:

Austin Trammel looked GOOD. I was wary of him after seeing some bobbles from him in preseason both this year and last. But today he was extremely sure-handed. Had two real nice returns (of 18 and 12 yards) negated by penalty.

Kevin Dotson is a people mover. A man mountain. I didn't key on him too much in pass pro, but in the run game he definitely had some push. I'm a big fan of Anchrum the person (esp. his charity work in the community), but Dotson to me looked clearly better than Anchrum. Shout out to @oldnotdead on this one, lol.

A Nick Hamptoin sighting! And he had the same impact I saw of him in preseason, which is to say... absolutely nothing.

Tre Tomlinson with a dumb-ass penalty for being over-aggressive with a guy out-of-bounds during a punt return, negating real nice return by Trammel. Later in the game TT had a penalty which negated the sack-fumble by Donald on a key 3rd down. TT competes his ass off, but I'm starting to think his habit of getting penalties is what's keeping him off the field on D. He's gotta figure out where the line is on being aggressive vs. drawing a penalty.

Puka is one tough SOB. Amazing how he consistently requires 2 or 3 defenders to bring him down. I re-watched some of his routes, and it's sorta amazing how unremarkable he looks. My theory is that it's mostly about the amazing CHEMISTRY he's got with MS. I hear Puka joined MS and CK in the "Breakfast Club" to watch film-- and it shows. Puka is definitely a technician. Shout out to CK for helping make Puka the monster he is.

Speaking of chemistry with the quarterback-- Kyren Williams and MS were back on the same page again on dump-off routes. They miscommunicated at least 3 times in the Bengal game. They must have spent some time together cleaning that @#$%& up.
Keep an eye on #99, I think that guy has a chance to be good. :laugh1confused smileyeriously though, AD was unstoppable today. I'm reminded of Jason Kelce's description of trying too block him: "it's like wrestling a Liger coated in baby oil."

Speaking of Kelce... my wife turns to me in the second quarter and says, "Taylor Swift really put that guy Travis Kielce on the map!" Haha. Yes, she was kidding... it's an internet meme thing.

We give VJ crap, but he had two GREAT catches in first half. A gain of 13 on the left sideline, real nice job of getting control and tapping his 2 feet in. And on a key 4th down conversion, VJ comes down with a terrific 16-yard catch with the defender draped all over him and with his hand wedged in there fighting to strip the ball. (Laser from MS on that one, BTW). Eric Yarber (the WR coach) was really pumped up after that one, rightfully so.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A first half review by XXXIVwin…

Rams43172October 02, 2023 01:30AM

TexasRam chimes in…

Rams4376October 02, 2023 01:31AM

Tomlinson

21Dog62October 02, 2023 04:53AM