Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What I don't get.....no doubt I'm

September 27, 2023 12:34PM
way out in Left field by myself thinking this...

I don't get all the uproar about McVay's game plan last game..
Maybe I was watching a different game than everybody else...but

From mid 1st quarter on, it was quite obvious (too me) that McVay's GP to a win was going to be thru the air...period
I was surprised by that, but the Bengal D stat wise is bottom tier in both run/pass defense..so
I actually expected 50plus passing stat by Stafford, so I was just fine going that route ..Live or die by that choice

I actually thought the RAMS O execution cost them the game for the most part....in two critical areas

Stafford had a below average game throwing the ball, and his sack on the goal line was brutal (play call was fine)

I'm one of the more harsher critics of McVay but he buried his head in the sand here....
Adjustments...where were they when the Bengal D brought additional pass rushers into the mix (pre injuries)??
It appears that once a D makes adjustments, he has no awareness to adjust back within his overall GP as a counter move
How did he not acknowledge the need to give help to the LT or change the OL makeup (post injuries)??...just bizarre

I chipped in with a projection of 4-5 win season....barring major injuries
The way the RAMS have played....I missed the mark, they will win a few more games than that, but it will be a rough year...with Ups&Downs
I think the Monday night game was just one of those games, a flop, Teams have them.

I'm OK with how the RAMS have come out the gate....I'm not standing on a ledge, ranting and raving ready to jump...not yet anyways

GO RAMS!!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What I don't get.....no doubt I'm

Rams_78243September 27, 2023 12:34PM

Re: What I don't get.....no doubt I'm

sfbayram71September 27, 2023 02:31PM

Re: What I don't get.....no doubt I'm

Shecky49September 27, 2023 04:33PM

McVay an Offensive Dunce?

RantoulRam45September 28, 2023 05:38AM