Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A blast against the 49ers from another board re: Trent Williams

September 23, 2023 09:09AM
Every game it's something. 49ers have identified, reputation-bearing, dirty cheap shot artists on both sides of the ball.

So far this season in just three games :

1. A targeted cheap and dirty shot from Minkah Fitzpatrick takes out Cleveland's star running back Nick Chubb's knee, possibly ending his career.

2. A cheap dirty block from behind by Deebo Samuels dumps the Rams' Akello Witherspoon, leaves him lying face-down on the field, injuring him.

3. Now this (two incidents in one game - look at the tapes above) from Trent Williams.

Three majors in three games - and there's more I could add.

Can't the 49ers get through even one game without egregious cheap and dirty play being a part of it?

Hargrave and Greenlaw brought their reputations for cheap, dirty play to the 49ers when they came. They're still at it.

Why?

After Fred Warner's cheap, dirty, helmet-to-helmet hit from behind to Ram's quarterback Matt Stafford, 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan petulantly lamented "help me to understand" the rules.

Sorry coach, I press the BS buzzer on this one. You know the rules. It's just that you want to whitewash what you let your players get away with. You want to win by means that injure opposing players, sometimes permanently, but keep it under wraps.

Professional football is a fast-moving, collision sport with controlled violence as part of the game. Pain is a part of the game. Players expect to go to the whirlpool, get ice packs, take painkillers, nurse the aches and bruises between games. They also know the high risk for serious accidental injury.

But the serious injury factor shouldn't be ramped up deliberately.They shouldn't have to play against dirty teams with dirty players who are coached to play dirty football.Teams like the 49ers.

Hit hard, hit clean, snap to whistle. Play winning football the right way, Shanny. You have the talent, the assistant coaches, the football knowledge to do that.

You've been exposed, coach. Do something to get this dirty taint off you - you can be remembered as a great coach or another Greg Williams or Sean Payton - somebody who achieved notable heights by doing it the wrong way.

Don't be like them. Turn it around. Strive to be like Vince Lombardi, Bill Walsh. They did it right, and still won.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2023 09:19AM by mtramfan.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A blast against the 49ers from another board re: Trent Williams

mtramfan454September 23, 2023 09:09AM

I'm still waiting for a STs guy...on ANY team, fly down the sideline and take out Shanny.

Ramgator102September 23, 2023 09:14AM

Re: A blast against the 49ers from another board re: Trent Williams

303092September 23, 2023 09:42AM

Rampage2K-98September 23, 2023 09:57AM

Classicalwit71September 23, 2023 03:13PM

illini_ram76September 23, 2023 06:41PM