Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OntarioRam with a game review…

September 17, 2023 04:46PM
Here’s OntarioRam…

Frustrating game because it was so winnable. We had to seize the game by the throat when we had the momentum. We didn't and it cost us. But it is hard to say the 49ers were not deserving. How many easy TDs did Purdy miss? The 49ers were the better team.

The unforced errors cost us. The INT off Williams' hands. Tutu running the wrong route on a would-be touch down. Van Jefferson's lazy route leading to a pick. You can't beat teams as good as the 49ers with those kind of errors. With Tutu, hopefully it is just a growing pain as he continues to pickup the offense.

The refs were awful. Did the 49ers even get a single flag before the game was already decided? Tons of holds uncalled. And only the Rams DBs were flagged on tight, borderline coverage.

We still can't tackle vs. the 49ers.

Nacua looks incredible.

Stafford looks amazing but we need to keep him clean. The pass protection was way worse after Noteboom went down. Hopefully, he is okay. If not, once Anchrum gets more reps to acclimate, and the new o-line unit can gel, I am cautiously optimistic the drop off will not be steep. But any other injuries and our depth will really be tested.

We need better run blocking, with or without Noteboom.

Not sure Maher is the answer at kicker.... but the other options out there are not inspiring.

Williams looks very good but he is not a 3 down back. Spot duty today was fine given the emergency circumstances but we need another option ASAP. Rivers is not the answer IMO. If the coaching staff does not feel confident in Evans as a rookie, then I'd ideally like to bring in an experienced bruiser to compliment Williams' style of play and balance the offence's general youth. Fournette fits the bill IMO. If Tom Brady trusted him, that says enough for me. He can also pass block and catch. Tampa's o-line was awful last year so I think he stats don't tell the whole story. I suspect he still has enough gas in the tank to be a 1 year stop gap as part of a committee.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

OntarioRam with a game review…

Rams43238September 17, 2023 04:46PM

Re: OntarioRam with a game review…

Classicalwit94September 17, 2023 05:03PM