Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I like him, too - when does Troy retire?

September 12, 2023 05:12PM
Sanchez is personable, real - not stuck on himself.

Like Dan Fouts, he tells you what's going on inside the game. His in-game commentary is illuminating. In this conversation with Cowherd, he's insightful and instructive.

Yo! Fox! Boost him up the ladder! He cares about what he's doing; Aikman is there to collect a hefty check for doing practically nothing.

According to reports what happen is this: Aikman flies in, expects everybody to bow before him, treats staff consescendingly, hardly speaks to anybody before or after the game, does his schtick, flies out.

I loathe the start of every Fox game with Joe and Troy. Joe is almost forced to compensate for or be dragged down by Aikman's blah persona from the start.

He introduces the game, tries to introduce a note of drama or enthusiasm as Aikman glowers at the camera. That's the start point.

Off camera, he's better in play-by-play as we don't have to look at Aikman. Bored, smug, entitled, glum, and superior are not endearing traits to project. But they seem to underly even the best of Aikman's performances.

Other color announcers conduct at least informal interviews with players and coaches - you hear commentary like, "Before the game Coach_______ hinted that we might see ________" That's color commentary.

Aikman is into shades of mud, his favorite phrase being "Thats a good job by_________ " before reciting the obvious. His commentary hasn't improved much over the decades I've endured him. Good job there Troy.

More often than not, if I know the teams and players, I turn the sound off and just watch when the Fox crew is Joe and Troy. And it's not because of Joe. It's just that I've discovered while I might know just a smidge less about what's going in front of a silent screen, I enjoy the game more if I'm not listening to Troy.

That's not the mark of an announcer doing a good job.

Time for Troy to fly back to Texas and stay there, and let Mark Sanchez in. He's already doing a better job.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2023 05:28PM by mtramfan.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mark Sanchez is the best in the business today.

Florida_Ram346September 12, 2023 03:07PM

My favourite too.

BC Ramsfan68September 12, 2023 03:12PM

NO!!!

Ramgator95September 12, 2023 03:30PM

Re: NO!!!

Ekern5574September 12, 2023 04:49PM

Re: Mark Sanchez = So Cal Guy

Ekern5582September 12, 2023 04:00PM

I like him, too

21Dog52September 12, 2023 04:06PM

Re: I like him, too - when does Troy retire?

mtramfan62September 12, 2023 05:12PM

Re: Mark Sanchez is the best in the business today.

ferragamo7956September 12, 2023 06:02PM

mtramfan59September 12, 2023 06:20PM

got cool hair tool anybody notice

ferragamo7953September 12, 2023 06:26PM

BeachBoy110September 12, 2023 09:14PM