Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My analysis....

September 10, 2023 03:06PM
I think McVay's play calling today was as good as it gets. Then add to that players coming thru.. mostly Nacua but also Tutu and I think Williams. Then there is the OL... I'm speechless.

The D. Earlier I made a post saying that I thought the D could possibly surprise with sheer exuberance and extra effort... even though so young. Well, that held today... certainly doesn't define the season but hey... to have any chance of flipping 'heads' 17 times in a row it has to come up heads on that first toss... and today it did!

Perhaps getting ahead of myself here but there are couple of things that I believe we can say may hold true this entire year... even if struggles ensue - aggressiveness. Notice that today?... I was shocked by it. No reason for that to let off... no matter how tough the games get. Focus! They had some bad plays today, for whatever "reason" the point is: It never got to them... they stayed mentally tough all day. When it appeared that they may allow the game to get away from them, (very seldom, and only in the first half), they stepped up! They are PREPARED this year.

The balance today with Pass and Run was, IMHO, as good as it gets. And it's a LOT more than just the number of runs vs passes... it's the situations in which they ran and passed. Well, I'm just repeating myself here because that's what I meant above by McVay's play calling being so good.

The only time today that I thought Seattle had a clue what was coming at them was the 'telegraphed' runs... but that didn't happen many times. The majority of that game Seattle had no idea what the Ram's O was going to pulll out of the hat.

And the D... Seattle read the off seasons pessimism regarding the Rams... "They'll be weak here, and there"... and they called plays to exploit that... and discovered that the Rams' were NOT all that weak here, and there.

Just a fantastic opening. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams dominate Seahawks: win 30-13. Instant analysis…

Rams43233September 10, 2023 02:48PM

My analysis....

JamesJM83September 10, 2023 03:06PM

Re: My analysis....

BumRap66September 10, 2023 03:17PM

Re: My analysis....

CarolinaRam52September 10, 2023 03:26PM